Ryan Kerrigan Big Contract

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Re: Ryan Kerrigan Big Contract

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Kerrigan in my opinion is a better player then Orakpo and I would rather keep Kerrigan if I had to choose between the two

They make each other better because their skills are complementary. Orakpo may be more single dimension, but rushing the QB like he does opens things up a lot more for guys like Kerrigan to make a play as well.

I'm curious to find out if Haslett really did suck because he was micromanaged by Shannahan or not. We'd better see some serious improvement this year or a new DC next year.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Kerrigan in my opinion is a better player then Orakpo and I would rather keep Kerrigan if I had to choose between the two

They make each other better because their skills are complementary. Orakpo may be more single dimension, but rushing the QB like he does opens things up a lot more for guys like Kerrigan to make a play as well.

I'm curious to find out if Haslett really did suck because he was micromanaged by Shannahan or not.
We'd better see some serious improvement this year or a new DC next year.

it's not just Orakpo and Kerrigan either - there's many others that need to play well together on defense ... there's many players here that really need to step up this season

I agree about Haslett - I think that Jay has been told by Bruce to give him a shot while we're rebuilding and if he doesn't show he's got what it takes it's over
the way I look at it we're coming off a 3-13 year and it's not like we can expect to be a 10-12 win franchise this season

we're going to find out a bunch of stuff here this season: - is Robert Griffin a good NFL QB or just another good college QB that cannot make the next step - is Jay Gruden going to make a good HC - is Haslett really a good DC - we have a season of finding out about things and trying to re-build our depth across the board
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 am

Well I pretty much agree, Kaz.

What kills me is when I see Rak about to make a play on the ball carrier and he either over pursues or misses a tackle by being overly aggressive. We just need him to be more dialed in. Pressure from the defensive line would help him out alot as well.

I love Rak but at times get frustated with him because he is so talented.

But yes your right. If Haslett gets to run his defense maybe we will get to see the best of Rak.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:50 am

Interesting. Kerrigan's option was picked up today and he will receive 7mil next year's salary. So question remains. Is he in line to bring back for that 9-11 mil per year range when he becomes a free agent?

Chris Russell feels we are interested in adding an additional OLB with that 2nd pick. I don't see the Redskins keeping both Kerrigan and Orakpo on long term hefty deals.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 am

mastdark81 wrote:Interesting. Kerrigan's option was picked up today and he will receive 7mil next year's salary. So question remains. Is he in line to bring back for that 9-11 mil per year range when he becomes a free agent?

Chris Russell feels we are interested in adding an additional OLB with that 2nd pick. I don't see the Redskins keeping both Kerrigan and Orakpo on long term hefty deals.

I do - We don't know what it's going to take to keep both but if that's best for the team then the FO will figure it out - we'll cross that bridge at the right time
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 am

Orakpo rushes against better linemen (Left Tackles) but he's also rushing the blind side where the QB can't see him. Kerrigan plays more off coverage and rushes less. Hence his sack totals are a little lower. OVERALL Kerrigan is the better Linebacker. Period.

Orakpo, is more talented. But, he isn't adding anything to his game. He is a two trick pony. Bull rush. Speed rush. That about it.

He's good at both of those moves. But that's only enough to be very good. Not great.

Kerrigan has a knack for the ball, forcing fumbles. Pass Defense. He's a complete player.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:48 am

How about tradking Rak to Oakland for their 2nd round this year and a 2nd next year? Use the 2@2nd round picks on ROT and OLB. Sign Kerrigan to a more friendly cap deal. Situation solved!!!

piggie

Postby oj » Sat May 03, 2014 3:56 pm

[quote="The Hogster"]Orakpo rushes against better linemen (Left Tackles) but he's also rushing the blind side where the QB can't see him. Kerrigan plays more off coverage and rushes less. Hence his sack totals are a little lower. OVERALL Kerrigan is the better Linebacker. Period.

I agree, I see him in coverage when I think he should be attacking the pocket. I assumed he had more speed and that was why he was in coverage. He'll also disrupt a play and force it to the center or left where others get thier names called.
He is a very good player and if he and rac are both healthy this season they'll be a great combo.
Molon Labe

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football