Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Postby riggofan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:22 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ed-by-nfl/
Safety Tanard Jackson hasn’t played in an NFL game since the 2011 season, but he’ll reportedly have a chance to resume his stalled career on Tuesday.

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports that the Redskins have been informed that Jackson will be reinstated from a suspension related to multiple violations of the league’s substance abuse policy. The Redskins signed Jackson in 2012, but he never played a game for the team after getting suspended before the start of that season. He became eligible for reinstatement last year, but was never made available to Washington.

The Redskins needed help at safety when they signed Jackson and they still need it. If he does have something left, Ryan Clark and Brandon Meriweather aren’t the most imposing pair in the league. Whether or not he still has it won’t be known for quite some time, though, so the Redskins probably aren’t changing any draft plans they’ve already made.

Jackson started 56 games in five seasons with the Buccaneers with 10 interceptions and five forced fumbles.

Weird I just heard Kevin Sheehan on the radio a few hours ago saying he had heard the Redskins might have Tanard Jackson in their plans at safety this year. Maybe some truth to that?

Hog

Re: Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Postby fredp45 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm

I really like this guy. We know one thing -- he's healthy. Let's hope he's clean!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm

fredp45 wrote:I really like this guy. We know one thing -- he's healthy. Let's hope he's clean!!!

I can't even remember what he was suspended for. Drugs, I guess?

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

While this happened a few years back, I vaguely remember it was recreational drugs, pot or coke, NOT steriods. It's about time he was reinstated!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Finally. Here's hoping it's not too late for him to contribute.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

it's good to see him get a chance - he's going to have to show an incredible amount of willpower and desire to make it and that does not seem to be his strong suit
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Postby bornaskinsfan » Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 pm

It's like getting an extra draft pick. Question is, what round?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 pm

bornaskinsfan wrote:It's like getting an extra draft pick. Question is, what round?

He was drafted in the fourth round... as a cb. He was converted to FS by the bucks and appeared to do pretty well. He had an int in each of his last two starts for the bucs... seems that if he can stay clean he has the physical attributes to be serviceable.
I'm personally excited for the chance he was given.. if he fills a role, be it sarter or depth, it's one less person we need to acquire. On a personal level- getting suspended for pot is (imho) ludicrous, especially with the dwi and domestic violence in the world from alcohol abuse that to me is much more problematic. I'm jot gonna preach or anything, just hope he makes the most of his opportunity and has learned from his mistakes. He will have plenty of time to blaze it when he is a football analyst for cbs!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon May 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Hey Tanard..... get serious about Football, and PUT DOWN the crack pipe..!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:44 am

Or joint, whichever.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 am

Could be wrong about this, but I think I read cocaine/methadone. So, kind of a serious thing if that's the case.

Anyway, it does sound like he has a lot of support from Haslett and Morris. He's certainly got a much better opportunity to turn his life around than a lot of people in his situation might have. It would be great to see him do it as a Redskin this year.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 am

riggofan wrote:Could be wrong about this, but I think I read cocaine/methadone. So, kind of a serious thing if that's the case.

Anyway, it does sound like he has a lot of support from Haslett and Morris. He's certainly got a much better opportunity to turn his life around than a lot of people in his situation might have. It would be great to see him do it as a Redskin this year.

I hope it was, because otherwise, I don't understand a 2 year suspension. I've heard rumblings that he was supposed to be reinstated back in March. Why wait the 2 additional months? Gotta imagine 2 additional months of being involved with the team (not to mention the minicamps just completed) would have helped our planning.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue May 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Finally. Here's hoping it's not too late for him to contribute.

He certainly is assisted in the idea of giving him a shot by that he plays a position we're super thin
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue May 06, 2014 3:39 pm

emoses14 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Could be wrong about this, but I think I read cocaine/methadone. So, kind of a serious thing if that's the case.

I hope it was, because otherwise, I don't understand a 2 year suspension. I've heard rumblings that he was supposed to be reinstated back in March. Why wait the 2 additional months? Gotta imagine 2 additional months of being involved with the team (not to mention the minicamps just completed) would have helped our planning.

There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.

Except that he was eligible to be reinstated a year ago. I have to believe this delay is more from the Mara/Goodell bag of dirty tricks.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football