Saturday Draft Selections

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Analysis of Bashaud Breeland

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543571

Overview

Has an infant daughter. Played quarterback and defensive back as a South Carolina prep. Also lettered in basketball and track, winning state titles in the 400-meter hurdles as both a sophomore and junior. Redshirted in 2010. Saw his first collegiate action in '11 and played in 14 games (seven starts) at cornerback, recording 53 tackles, four pass breakups and two interceptions with one tackle for loss. Was limited during an injury-plagued '12 season, registering 32-3-0 with 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack in 10 games (five starts). Suffered an abdominal strain early in the year and eventually underwent groin surgery in December, missing the final three games of the year. Had a breakout '13 campaign, appearing in 13 games (12 starts) and totaling 74-13-4 with five tackles for loss, two sacks and two forced fumbles. Was suspended for the first half of the Maryland contest after he was ejected for targeting against Florida State.
Analysis
Strengths
Fluid athlete. Quick-footed and loose-hipped. Can shadow, mirror and stay in phase. Plays with a sense of urgency and is aggressive supporting the run. Gives effort to pursue from the back side.
Weaknesses
Needs to bulk up and get functionally stronger. Gets wired on blocks. Lacks ideal speed. Average explosion and leaping ability. Plays into the boundary. Tends to play out of control and his tackling technique needs work -- misses too many. Exposed vs. Florida State's Rashad Greene.
Draft Projection
Rounds 2-3
Bottom Line
Lean, rangy cover corner who sticks his nose in run support and competes against bigger receivers. Is relatively raw, but has an appealing temperament and moldable tools.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Neo wrote:
The Hogster wrote:We will probably be in trade down mode to acquire more picks if possible.


I wouldn't mind that at all considering there's a good punter in this draft. If we trade down he will just be an "extra" pick. I'd feel a lot better about that than using out few remaining picks on a punter.

Doesn't sound like there is a lot of good options at punter.. so I'm good with grabbing him asap to ensure we fill that need.. we don't even have a punter on the roster afaik


Are we the only team with a need at punter?
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm 99% sure this is the guy I was talking about who commentators were stirring a buzz about (punter):

Kirby Van Der Kamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2tnD4yhls

Projected to go in 5th round.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Neo wrote:Analysis of Bashaud Breeland

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543571

Overview

Has an infant daughter. Played quarterback and defensive back as a South Carolina prep. Also lettered in basketball and track, winning state titles in the 400-meter hurdles as both a sophomore and junior. Redshirted in 2010. Saw his first collegiate action in '11 and played in 14 games (seven starts) at cornerback, recording 53 tackles, four pass breakups and two interceptions with one tackle for loss. Was limited during an injury-plagued '12 season, registering 32-3-0 with 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack in 10 games (five starts). Suffered an abdominal strain early in the year and eventually underwent groin surgery in December, missing the final three games of the year. Had a breakout '13 campaign, appearing in 13 games (12 starts) and totaling 74-13-4 with five tackles for loss, two sacks and two forced fumbles. Was suspended for the first half of the Maryland contest after he was ejected for targeting against Florida State.
Analysis
Strengths
Fluid athlete. Quick-footed and loose-hipped. Can shadow, mirror and stay in phase. Plays with a sense of urgency and is aggressive supporting the run. Gives effort to pursue from the back side.
Weaknesses
Needs to bulk up and get functionally stronger. Gets wired on blocks. Lacks ideal speed. Average explosion and leaping ability. Plays into the boundary. Tends to play out of control and his tackling technique needs work -- misses too many. Exposed vs. Florida State's Rashad Greene.
Draft Projection
Rounds 2-3
Bottom Line
Lean, rangy cover corner who sticks his nose in run support and competes against bigger receivers. Is relatively raw, but has an appealing temperament and moldable tools.


Ah cool fact, just discovered Breeland practiced against Sammy Watkins through college. So at least he's consistently gone up against a talented WR. Can't hurt.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 1:06 pm

The Neo wrote:If Are we the only team with a need at punter?"


If a guy is a stud I wouldn't think none of the other 31 teams don't have an eye on him.. kinda the gamble you take waiting to draft him
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sat May 10, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 pm

If he won the state in the 400 meters that may explain his slow 40 time. He's a buildup long speed guy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Now we draft a WR who runs a 4.6? WTH
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 pm

*I mean.. poop.
Why would we though? He better be 7 foot tall with massive hands!

Seriously tho, is there any kind of benefit over Hanktime???
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 1:17 pm

The Hogster wrote:Now we draft a WR who runs a 4.6? WTH


I think we're already stacked at WR, but check out the tape on this guy. A lot of spectacular catches. Seems to have real natural hands, and can adjust to the ball very well. A lot of his catches had a defender's hands all in his face; lots of catches in very tight coverage. Zone threat IMO.

I'd rather us get another defensive player, but he could end up replacing Moss, etc (who knows).
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Neo wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Now we draft a WR who runs a 4.6? WTH


I think we're already stacked at WR, but check out the tape on this guy. A lot of spectacular catches. Seems to have real natural hands, and can adjust to the ball very well. A lot of his catches had a defender's hands all in his face; lots of catches in very tight coverage. Zone threat IMO.

I'd rather us get another defensive player, but he could end up replacing Moss, etc (who knows).

Sharing is caring man!!

Seriously tho if u could share the link here in at work
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Hooligan » Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 pm

NFL.com Draft Tracker has a video link next to many of the players on the draft charts.

IMHO if that WR has excellent, reliable hands, he's already better than Hank, AKA 50/50.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Hooligan wrote:NFL.com Draft Tracker has a video link next to many of the players on the draft charts.

IMHO if that WR has excellent, reliable hands, he's already better than Hank, AKA 50/50.


Ya I'm not intending to being lazy..
But if u r there.. and got a link post it up for us!!

I'm trying to stay up to speed while making it appear as if I'm getting work done at the same time haha
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 2:36 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Hooligan wrote:NFL.com Draft Tracker has a video link next to many of the players on the draft charts.

IMHO if that WR has excellent, reliable hands, he's already better than Hank, AKA 50/50.


Ya I'm not intending to being lazy..
But if u r there.. and got a link post it up for us!!

I'm trying to stay up to speed while making it appear as if I'm getting work done at the same time haha


Its all good buddy. Here's some goodies to keep you entertained at work:

Ryan Grant, WR

Music vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6PN3-IEwk0

30mins of highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BecpfPGnqL4

2012 highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRMFFEd4w4

Extra credit note - commentators are saying he is among the elite WRs of this class.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby Neo » Sat May 10, 2014 2:47 pm

We traded down w/ the Titans

Looks like we now have Round 6 (from Titans) pick 10 & Round 7 picks 2 & 13 (from Titans)
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:29 pm

Re: Saturday Draft Selections

Postby absinthe1023 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Prediction:

Daniel McCullers, DT TEN. Massive NT.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor


As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football