Actual Film Breakdown - Morgan Moses & Trent Murphy

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Actual Film Breakdown - Morgan Moses & Trent Murphy

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 pm

This is actual film breakdown from a guy with some obvious football knowledge, but not a professional scout (to my knowledge). He narrates his breakdown and his understanding of the game is evident. I especially like his assessment of Murphy around the 3 minute mark when he shows a "Snatch Move" and explains how that move doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but is a good indication of his skill level. Each segment is about 25 minutes long and isn't the typical "highlight" reel from YouTube, but is a breakdown of a couple of games--play by play.

Murphy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv22zp8FdNM

Moses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrbQbULp8U
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Re: Actual Film Breakdown - Morgan Moses & Trent Murphy

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 2:30 am

Good lookin out Hogman!!

Didn't we grab a center in the third round too?? Or maybe I read someone's post wrong..

Like I said in the other thread:
We drafted two areas of need in OL and LB
Took a draft pick from the pukes preventing them from getting another possible starter

And have gotten "our guy" in doing so

Luckily the DE the pukes drafted won't be D Ware anytime soon so they didn't even break even

Overall good start to the draft I'd say
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm

From "reports" on ESPN I heard that Moses didn't do too well on the inside. When they moved him to LT he began to produce.

Hope this is just your typical over-reaction as I'm hoping he'll fill out RT need.

Thoughts everyone?
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:57 am

Cooley did a film break down for both Moses and Murphy. Now it was only a few games each but itwas interesting how much it changed his opinion of one of them.

He absolutely raved about Trent and the only negative he has on him was that he wasn't a "fast twitch" type player. Which he said meant nothing to him. Other than that he just gushed over Murphy. Saying that he was very instinctual and would be or best coverage OLB from day one.

Now Moses he wasn't as high on. He liked that he was an incredible athlete. However he said that he had trouble sustaining blocks and was a "catcher" in pass pro, very similar to Palumbus. He doesn't expect him to start this year because at this stage he just isn't better than Palumbus.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 am

I hope Moses starts, he's a lot bigger than Polumbus and shouldn't get driven back to the same degree. On the right side, he knows he won't face as many speed rushers as he did in college, so he should be able to dig in a little bit better and hold ground. Also, unless you're a lefty its just naturally harder to rush off that side. I think those facts make Polumbus even worse than he actually has played because RT is not THAT hard of a position. Neither one of them can run block, but Moses has potential. He's strong in the phone booth but has horrible technique in space. Needs coaching for sure.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 am

brad7686 wrote:I hope Moses starts, he's a lot bigger than Polumbus and shouldn't get driven back to the same degree. On the right side, he knows he won't face as many speed rushers as he did in college, so he should be able to dig in a little bit better and hold ground. Also, unless you're a lefty its just naturally harder to rush off that side. I think those facts make Polumbus even worse than he actually has played because RT is not THAT hard of a position. Neither one of them can run block, but Moses has potential. He's strong in the phone booth but has horrible technique in space. Needs coaching for sure.

As someone who played all across the Dline in high school, and is right handed, I don't know if I agree that its harder to rush off of the left edge. I preferred it, but then again I enjoyed playing the run, and most teams are run-oriented in high school. When you did have known passing downs tho, I preferred the left edge....but that could be because i wasn't a "speed" guy, most of my pass rush repetiore was power based moves.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 15, 2014 12:38 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I hope Moses starts, he's a lot bigger than Polumbus and shouldn't get driven back to the same degree. On the right side, he knows he won't face as many speed rushers as he did in college, so he should be able to dig in a little bit better and hold ground. Also, unless you're a lefty its just naturally harder to rush off that side. I think those facts make Polumbus even worse than he actually has played because RT is not THAT hard of a position. Neither one of them can run block, but Moses has potential. He's strong in the phone booth but has horrible technique in space. Needs coaching for sure.

As someone who played all across the Dline in high school, and is right handed, I don't know if I agree that its harder to rush off of the left edge. I preferred it, but then again I enjoyed playing the run, and most teams are run-oriented in high school. When you did have known passing downs tho, I preferred the left edge....but that could be because i wasn't a "speed" guy, most of my pass rush repetiore was power based moves.

Could it have also been because the RT is generally not as good a player as the LT, and was easier to beat?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:

I mean I guess I'm not basing it off any science, but you don't see a lot of speed guys come off that side. I always felt weird trying to turn the corner with my weak leg on the outside of me.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 15, 2014 1:23 pm

brad7686 wrote:I always felt weird trying to turn the corner with my weak leg on the outside of me.

But you also have your strong arm to the RT's side, so that's a bonus. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Deadskins wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I always felt weird trying to turn the corner with my weak leg on the outside of me.

which is good for bull rushers. when i think strong side rushers, I think Strahan, Watt, etc., athletic and strong but not gonna run right past you.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 pm

brad7686 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

which is good for bull rushers.

Not really. A bull rush is straight on, so one side is the same as the other. Your strong arm to that side would be better for a swim move or something like that.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football