Why is Tyler Polumbus so unappreciated?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Re: Why is Tyler Polumbus so unappreciated?

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:22 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :roll:

Probably.

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Tyler Polumbus is one of many O linemen that will not be here in 2015 that were here last season
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 am

RG3s rehab of his knee took most of his time and effort last year. Obviously taking a huge chunk of his time which would of otherwise been spent studying and practicing plays. Resulting in a less then stellar performance this year. Making our whole offense look bad.

Personally I think Polumbus is nothing more then a back up on most teams. He isnt going to dominate his assignment.
To compete with the Big Boys of the NFC or AFC we need dominance on both sides of the ball.

I dont hate Polumbus cause I dont know him personally. I just would like an upgrade. Which we might have gotten in Moses.

When your team goes 3-13 people are looking for players to grill. With all the hits RG3 took last year why wouldnt our Oline get criticized?

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt it Polumbus who missed his block when RG3 injured his knee in the playoff game? That would be enough for me to replace him. I remember a fumbled snap and a defensive lineman coming from the right side of the line where Polumbus was. I know Bob tweeked his knee on his own slip but still the right side collapse did not help either.

Bottom line is we need two good tackles to protect RG3. I feel an upgrade is needed. Oh and yes I do believe we may have those upgrades through the players we drafted.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 am

building a good offensive line takes time - you need to add the players and the you need time for them to play together

we will be better but we should not expect a lot this season from our O line - they need time playing together and we will be making changes and adding depth
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:building a good offensive line takes time - you need to add the players and the you need time for them to play together

we will be better but we should not expect a lot this season from our O line - they need time playing together and we will be making changes and adding depth

It sounds like 4 out of 5 starters will be the same as last year, albeit Lichtenstieger moving to center. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Its still early in camp.. its entirely possible that some player(s) start pushing the vets for first team snaps. I'd hope to see two new faces in the starting lineup personally
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:building a good offensive line takes time - you need to add the players and the you need time for them to play together

It sounds like 4 out of 5 starters will be the same as last year, albeit Lichtenstieger moving to center. :roll:

well that certainly fills me full of confidence :lol:

IMO - the only guy that will be starting on this O line in 2015 that started in 2013 is Trent Williams

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 am

SkinsJock wrote:IMO - the only guy that will be starting on this O line in 2015 that started in 2013 is Trent

Very unlikely. IMO, of course. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:01 am

Why is Polumbus so unappreciated ....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... ns-offense

and this ... "The only people characterizing Washington's offensive line as a thing of beauty last year, however, were rival defensive coordinators.

With the exception of star left tackle Trent Williams, Shanahan's undersized crew was largely pushed around. The right side of the offensive line - guard Chris Chester and tackle Tyler Polumbus -- was especially bad ... "

I will say though that I am very encouraged by the new staff - I am biased but I'm looking forward to these guys utilizing the players better and getting more out of them

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 am

I am not sure what games you have watched but Polumbus is terrible, for this dude to be so tall and big he doesn't get low enough, he is slow to react, doesn't use his hands, has terrible technique and good pass rushers lick their lips when they go against him. I honestly have to say that he is by far the WORST STARTING right tackle in the NFL. I will also say that the entire right side needs to be replaced ASAP. I can't wait until both them bums are either benched or cut. Both Chester and Polumbus need to take a 1 way trip out of DC ASAP.......

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 am

3 words...
He's A Bum.

Next question!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football