Duke passing on Jackson

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Duke passing on Jackson

Postby BossHog » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:44 am

Interim head coach Ted Roof has been recommended as Duke's next head football coach by athletic director Joe Alleva and the football search committee, according to sources close to the situation who spoke to The Chronicle on the condition of anonymity.
Only formalities in the process remain, as Duke's Board of Trustees still needs to approve the selection at a meeting Friday. The Board is likely to follow Alleva's recommendation.

The other finalist for the position was former NFL and college head coach Bobby Ross, who had retired in the middle of the 2000 season while he was at the helm of the Detroit Lions.

Duke had also interviewed Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and Colgate head coach and Duke alum Dick Biddle.

The rest of the article is here
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:55 am

good for us, I guess
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:35 pm

I like Hue - seems to have at least studied what the hell the other teams are doing to be successful - the win at Seattle and the near win the week after were due to his play calling - if SS would get outta the mix some he might could do something with the offense. SS is a great play designer, has good ideas. Everyone acknowledges that who has played with him and seen him coach, but he is not learning like Hue seems to have.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football