Ramsey Re-Injures Foot!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Ramsey Re-Injures Foot!

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:29 pm

New From The Post
Ramsey Reinjures Foot During Practice

By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, December 3, 2003; 4:47 PM

Quarterback Patrick Ramsey reinjured his right foot during the Washington Redskins' practice today.

Ramsey left Redskins Park while his teammates still were on the practice field and was taken by a member of the team's training staff to a nearby hospital to undergo tests. The results were not immediately available.

Ramsey sat out last Sunday's loss to the New Orleans Saints but had hoped to return for this weekend's game against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium. He has been suffering from a bone bruise and the aggravation of an old fracture, and is facing off season surgery. His foot was in a cast last week. But he had the cast removed Monday and said he hoped to practice this week and play Sunday. Ramsey said Monday that if his foot hurt when he practiced Wednesday, he and his doctors likely would make a decision this coming weekend about whether to end his season early.

Coach Steve Spurrier said Ramsey was moving well and throwing the ball crisply during this afternoon's practice before he hurt himself when he took a misstep on a dirt patch on the field. Spurrier said the Redskins would reevaluate Ramsey's status after hearing from doctors. Ramsey had his foot in a protective boot when he left Redskins Park.

Tim Hasselbeck would replace Ramsey as the starter again if Ramsey is sidelined.

Initially, I was mad, but I am sort of glad. So now, he probably won't play Sunday. He shouldn't play the rest of the year. Give Hasselbeck a chance to prove himself as a QB in this league.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:11 pm

I just listened to Spurrier's press briefing at Redskins.com. It didn't sound like anything serious... Ramsey just 'tweaked' it SOS said. He also said that he was doing well before he did it. Said he was 'setting up and throwing without any pain'.

The quality of the stream was AWFUL, but here's the link anyway.

Other highlights:

- Samuels almost certainly won't play Sunday, and added that Brandon Winey had done very well
- he vehemently denied a rumor that he had interviewed for the Nebraska coaching job last night. He even went one step further and said the press had to stop believing all thaty crap.
- he even mentioned what a nice day it was today.

SOS actually sounded happy. I don't know if I have ever had that impression before. It was like he finally got his lithium :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:48 am

glad he's got something to be happy about....I'm not happy at all about our season, his performance or our players performance....I'm freakin' pissed and can't believe what a horrible season this has turned out to be!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:38 pm

Amen brother TH!
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football