Ramsey article

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Ramsey article

Postby BossHog » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:13 pm

Shutdown decision nears for Ramsey
JOSEPH WHITE
Associated Press

"I'm torquing my body a lot harder than I would be," Ramsey said. "I'm not throwing it as smoothly as I would be if I were able to push and transfer that momentum. ... I'm throwing a little jerkier than I was, just because I have to."

Click here for the rest of the story.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:30 pm

what PRam needs to understand is that he can learn from watching on the side-line as well and he needs to get healthy before he gets injured even worse or as the article said creates bad habits or my thinking, loses confidence (that's a mental thing that could be hard to overcome - and in the NFL, you don't get a lot of chances, as there's always someone out there trying to steal your job)
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:29 pm

One of PRam's biggest faults, and freely confessed by the man before the season was his trying to get over the college level "wide open" status of receivers. He said that he was waiting for the WR to get farther open in the NFL like he was used to seeing in college - and he knew it wasn't going to happen, but instinctually he knew it was slowing him down.

I think the biggest thing he needs to learn is to trust his gut and realize that WR don't have more than a half step on DBs most of the time. You see the time he held the ball before and how fast Hasselbeck gets it out - that is the diff.

That is the confidence level that is going to make or break him IMO.

I think the foot is a problem, but maybe not as much as everyone says - maybe SS wants him out and is using it. I dunno - but considering how he did the same thing last year with backups in the last, what, 4 games, it wouldn't surprise me.
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:45 am

I'm with ya...and think we all agree that he was holding onto the ball way to long all season and hense caused a lot of his own punishment......I know o-line guys were starting to feel that way....how else do you explain those guys not even bothering to go back and help scrape PRam off the turf?
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football