Coaching Staff

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
... deep in TX

Coaching Staff

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:39 pm

Wow.....it just hit me that we have 15 coaches (excluding SS, the coordinators and ST coach)!

Is that a common number around the league? Each of our Line coaches has an ass't, our DB coach has an asst, we have an offensive/quality control asst....what the hell has this guy been doing?

Just seems like overkill to me and would explain some of our accountability and miscommunication issues.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

skinnns

Postby skinnns » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:36 am

This is more than normal. I don't know the exact numbers, but I am pretty sure we and many other teams have many more than 15. Some positions probably have more than one assistant coaches plus interns and mentees.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:21 am

Yeah we don't have an inordinate amount of coaches... just an inordinate amount that don't seem to be doing anything.

Even without wholesale changes to the coaching staff in the offseason, it seems unlikely that Helton will be back and possible that Stock will be looking for work too. I don't know if Edwards will have a job with the Redskins but unless this defense has some sort of monumental turnaround in the last few games, it shouldn't be as DC in my opinion. If we bring in (yet another) DC there could obviously be lots of changes.

We may not have the most coaches in the league, but I'm sure we've had the most people fill those same positions over the last 5 years, and it's possible that this offseason will just see more of the same.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:18 am

Ha...and so the old saying goes...."Too many chiefs.....not enough indians"
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:23 am

Literally, Skinschic! :)
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football