QB Controversy?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Who is "really" the Redskins QB of the future?

Patrick Ramsey
75%
Tim Hasselbeck
25%
Troy Aikman (when he comes out of retirement)
No votes

Total votes : 12
Pursuer of Justice

QB Controversy?

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:32 pm

Okay, I'll start a little conversation....

I gotta tell y'all, for the limited time he's been here, I've been very impressed with what this kid Hasselbeck has been able to do.

Call it a "different game plan" or simply call it "a different type of skill", this kid seems to control this offense better than Ramsey did (when he was healthy).

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else been noticing this?

That being said, I'm just a little curious about whatch'all think about this poll question.....
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:24 pm

I am shocked it took someone this long to start this crazy topic, I was waiting for it after the Miami game. No disrespect Venting Hog but that is crazy, Ramsey is far better than Hasselback will ever be, and yes when Ramsey was heathly they were 3-1 remember. Remember when Jaws on ESPN was saying he was the best young Quarterback he saw and everyone on this board loved him and said the only way we reach the playoffs is if they can keep him healthy and off his a--, well they didn't and now he is hurt and not healthy. He is still are quaterback of the future and will be. If are defense would have played at all in any of the close losses we would be 10-3, we really only should have loss to
1. Tampa Bay
2. Buffalo
3. Dallass
So in Closing this isn't even a topic in my books. Like I said no disrespect Venting Hog but this should even be a topic.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:45 pm

while i agree with everything said thus far, i have to say ramsey just holds the ball too long. TH gets rid of it, and thus things start to work. i really hate to say it. i like ramsey alot, but he can't take all the not needed hits. for what it's worth hasselbeck has lit a much needed fire under the offense. i didn't say he would be able to run the offense after his first action, but after three games of being solid, i gotta say i voted for hasselbeck. i think we at least have a qb contraversy in training camp next year. he gets the ball away, and i like that. it's unfair to compare him to ramsey at this point because ramsey has had over a year in the system, and TH has only been here 2 months. ramsey didn't win his second start..... don't get me wrong, i haven't given up on ramsey, but i think he could learn something from TH.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:32 pm

There is no QB controversy but I think we will bring back Hasselbeck. If not, call up ol' Brad Banks.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:53 pm

Don't get me wrong, Hasselback has done a great, and I mean great job, he didn't deserve to lose any of the previous games, he should continue as the backup QB, I hope he finishes the season and not to bring in Ramsey, the only Reason is because I don't want Ramsey hurt any more, there is a reason why Hasselback has been cut by 3 other teams, I hope we don't find out next week against Dallass. But I really want to see them sign him as the backup next year.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:59 pm

I'll clarify my position, too. I really love Ramsey and think he's our guy long term....but I gotta tell ya, I like what I'm seeing in Hasselbeck, too. I agree with hailskins666 that Ramsey holds the ball too freakin' long and Hasselbeck gets rid of it much quicker. As a result....he has sparked this offense. A spark, I felt, that did not exist when Ramsey was playing (as of late).

I started this poll as a devil's advocate simply to gauge other peoples' opinions, not necessarily to offer my own that Hasselbeck should be our QB of the future.

Hopefully, he'll be our #2 guy for a while. I'm sold on him.

Oh, and doeslammer, no offense taken. :) I simply wanted to get the discussion goin'.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby redskincity » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:11 pm

I am glad we are in this position. Two good QBs, thats great!!!! :D I wish we were having a defensive lineman Controversy :up: [-o<
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:22 pm

Hasselback has done better than any of us would have expected, his quick release and steady head have served him and the Skins well.

He does not, however, possess the arm that Ramsey does. He has more experience - even if it was the NFL Europe league - than Ramsey and it shows. With time and good coaching, Ramsey will be the quarterback to lead us to the SB . . . provided we have the other pieces in place. Starting at the TOP.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:28 am

Hasselbeck, unless he has other opportunities, hopefully will serve as our back-up to Ramsey for years to come.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:53 pm

we retain the right to resign TH in the offseason, having a backup will make a big difference in a time of need. i was watchin the game with a gnat fan, and as soon as collins went down he said, were @$&#ed. havin 2 qb's on the roster that can lead the team is a definite plus if you ask me. TH will push ramsey harder, and vice versa.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:35 pm

agreed....too bad Collins went down the way he did...on a non-play...damn officials need to blow the whistles sooner!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:58 pm

No we are finding out why Hasselback has been cut by ever team, like I said, I hope we wouldn't find out, but we are, stupid a.. throws.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:09 pm

And at the worst time of the season and against the biggest game of his life, he is horrible, look at his passes, like I said I don't even know why we had this poll. Hasselback is bad, that is why he has never started or ever will start. Stupid plays and stupid decisions. We as a team are pitifull, I feel like we live in Detroit, only they probably won as many games as we did, what the Fu>> is the problem, I hate every Sunday. It is so hard to be a Redskins fan, it takes dedication, and the fact that we will never again be a contender.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:35 pm

Now, let's not be too rash on this. So he's had a bad game. He's a back-up, without much experience, playing against one of the better defenses in the league. I still say he's our #2 guy. He's looked aweful, today. But he's got all offseason to learn the offense. Just my thoughts...

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:49 pm

Jeez - like the passing on either side was ANYTHING to brag about - if Spurrier and Edwards had their heads out of their a$$e$ we wouldn't have seen such an undisciplined, disorganized, piece of crap game plan on both sides of the ball.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football