Hail Kirk

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Hail Kirk

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

Kirk Cousins is a good NFL QB but I really do not think he wants to be a part of this franchise ...

it is that time of year again for Washington fans - Dan Snyder's managing makes the off season 'entertaining'
Hopefully 2018 is the end of the frustration we have had here since 1999 - 'we'll be better next year' SUCKS - we have added some good young players - we need to change the losing culture of the past 5 seasons - our record of 31-48 is horrible

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am

That was the most Kirk Week 17 possible. Kind of like last year where I think they were ready to pay him but Week 17 disaster scared them. But you have to balance it out with the rest of the season.

I think the Redskins should be aggressive trying to keep him. I think he is a a fringe top 10 QB and is good enough to win the Big One. They shouldn't allow the idea of a record contract scare them. That's just business. Next offseason another QB will get a bigger contract. But if the Browns, Broncos, and others turn it into a bidding war, they need to be ready to walk away from the table and go into next season as Colt McCoy as a starter.

If Kirk walks, it isn't a good thing, but there is a path forward. Cap flexibility is available. Keep your current free agents on defense, add one more interior offensive lineman, maybe one more WR, and see if you can find one more safety or maybe and extra defensive lineman. Past that, where are the holes? Lots of talent on this roster. Colt McCoy can manage a game and give us a shot at winning some games while we develop a backup. And with a pretty solid roster, you can think about trading up a few spots. If they got into the top 10, a QB will drop. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, or Mayfield will drop and be a great option to build on.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 pm

here's the latest guesstimate - 4 teams that seem to be the front runners ....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/thes ... k-cousins/

I really hope that Kirk is the Jets QB this season :twisted:
Hopefully 2018 is the end of the frustration we have had here since 1999 - 'we'll be better next year' SUCKS - we have added some good young players - we need to change the losing culture of the past 5 seasons - our record of 31-48 is horrible

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:56 pm

My guess? Vikings. Maybe Buffalo.

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:48 pm

welch wrote:My guess? Vikings. Maybe Buffalo.

I am hoping it will be the Vikings who seem really primed to win. I'd love to watch Cousins win a Super Bowl with the Vikings. I don't think the Redskins will win another Super Bowl in my lifetime but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of whatever team Kirk picks and hope for the best.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 pm

my guess is the Jets or the Vikings - I hope he goes for the $ and picks the Jets

NY and Kirk Cousins deserve each other

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:17 pm

OldSchool wrote:I am hoping it will be the Vikings ... I'd love to watch Cousins win a Super Bowl with the Vikings. I don't think the Redskins will win another Super Bowl in my lifetime - I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of whatever team Kirk picks ..

[-o< - even more reason to hope he takes the $ and goes to the Jets

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 pm

OldSchool wrote:

I am hoping it will be the Vikings who seem really primed to win. I'd love to watch Cousins win a Super Bowl with the Vikings. I don't think the Redskins will win another Super Bowl in my lifetime but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of whatever team Kirk picks and hope for the best.

So can you just deactivate your account now and log off for good? Not sure what you're waiting for.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 & '17 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 am

Let's all agree, once Kirk signs elsewhere we don't have threads on this site about him...he will be officially the enemy...

He was good, not great (1 and 12? in primetime games) and not worth max money...See ya.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 am

fredp45 wrote:Let's all agree, once Kirk signs elsewhere we don't have threads on this site about him...he will be officially the enemy...

He was good, not great (1 and 12? in primetime games) and not worth max money...See ya.

=D>
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 & '17 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:03 am

fredp45 wrote:Let's all agree, once Kirk signs elsewhere we don't have threads on this site about him...he will be officially the enemy...

You don't have to ask me twice. I was sick of his BS two years ago. I couldn't even stomach watching the games last year. I didn't watch a single game. $24 million for that assclown to go 7-9 after $20 million for him to go 8-8. We could have paid Colt McCoy to miss the playoffs and used that money to improve the team elsewhere. Cousins is the ultimate non-team player, the one who doesn't say anything to the fans on his way out, the one who not a single teammate comes out in support of when he's gone. Niles Paul was gone for five minutes and players came out in support of him.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:09 pm

This franchise has a lot of issues and we have already paid Kirk Cousins a lot more money than we should have

If Bruce and Dan continue to manage this franchise as they have, it really doesn't matter who is the HC or playing QB for the Redskins

I really don't care where Kirk Cousins goes - his QB stats overshadow his ability to lift his team and affect the outcome

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 am

LOL!!!

In AK we trust!!!!

Kirk Grossman gave us 1 and SIX vs the sworn enemy!!!

Needed one TD vs rhe hated and awful 2-13 Gnats to hit 30... What do we get??? 3 ints!! Lmmfao garbage- bye felicia!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 am

absolutely - not worth the $ - the market may dictate his salary but we're better off - we already gave and we didn't get much - bye bye

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins is making arrangements to visit the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday and Thursday and is expected to complete a three-year deal with them worth an estimated $84 million to $86 million, according to multiple people familiar with the deliberations.

Cousins’s contract with the Vikings, if it’s finalized, would be fully or nearly fully guaranteed, one of those people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because teams cannot complete deals with free agent players before Wednesday afternoon.

[The latest NFL free agency news and rumors]

The Vikings have long been considered the favorite to land Cousins, the top free agent quarterback on the market, but the New York Jets had also expressed interest in the former Washington signal-caller.

Cousins’s decision to visit and likely sign with Minnesota was the third significant move in the NFL’s quarterback market this offseason. In the early hours of Tuesday morning, outgoing Vikings starter Case Keenum lined up an agreement to sign with the Denver Broncos. He had a breakthrough 2017 season with the Vikings in which he threw for 3,547 yards with 22 touchdowns and only seven interceptions, playing at a near-league-MVP level and helping Minnesota to reach the NFC title game.

Later Tuesday morning New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees agreed to a two-year, $50 million contract to remain with the Saints.

After Cousins’s intentions to join Minnesota became public, free agent quarterback Sam Bradford, who began the 2017 season as the Vikings’ starter before being placed on injured reserve with a knee injury, also secured an agreement on a new contract. Bradford will sign with the Arizona Cardinals on a one-year contract worth $20 million, with an option for a second season at $20 million.

With the NFL’s free agent signing period opening Wednesday, the Jets remain the NFL’s lone team without a clear starter at quarterback. Another former Vikings starting quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater, remained uncommitted as of Tuesday afternoon.

Cousins’s pending deal with the Vikings is said to be worth a little more than $28 million per season. That would surpass the current NFL record for the highest average annual value of $27.5 million set by quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo’s recent five-year, $137.5 million contract to re-sign with the San Francisco 49ers. But Cousins’s record probably won’t last long, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers working on a new contract with the Green Bay Packers.

Having the deal be fully or almost fully guaranteed would be a significant step, given that some observers have been critical of the lack of guaranteed contracts in the NFL. That puts players at the mercy of teams, critics say, who can release those players in the middle of contracts without having to pay the generally non-guaranteed annual salaries for future seasons.

<snip>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo ... 25757f3817

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football