How did you first learn about THEHOGS.NET?

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Pursuer of Justice

How did you first learn about THEHOGS.NET?

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:45 pm

This may have been posted a while back but, with all of the newbies around lately, I figured I'd post this again.

Me, many many moons ago I was looking through ESPN THE MAGAZINE and saw a reference to this site. I said to myself, "Self! I've never seen that sight before. Why don't you check it out!?!?"

I checked it out and really liked what I saw. I then volunteered my services and Mark was gracious enough to allow me to join the team. =D>

It's been all downhill ever since.

I'm really proud to be affiliated with THEE best fan-based Redskins website on the 'Net.

Let's hear some of your stories!

:feedback;
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:46 pm

I actually found it on a search engine. And believe it or not I was here before Jansenfan! ;-) I showed him the way. And his day job will never be the same.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:03 pm

I was at camp last year with my wife and met Skinsfanno9 and he told me about the site... I had to check it out and came on board then... I was on here for a little bit, then asked Boss if he needed any help and he brought me on board to write the 5th Quarter...

Then he's been patient enough with me through my last few hardship laced months... makes me doubly glad to be on here, both as a fan and as a writer :)
Rich in Roanoke

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:04 pm

Come March the Post and Tomes don't supply enough Redskin News so I googled (if thats a word) Redskin news .... been here since
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:20 pm

NikiH wrote:I actually found it on a search engine. And believe it or not I was here before Jansenfan! ;-) I showed him the way. And his day job will never be the same.

OK JF turn in your gold letters, they belong to some one else :)
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:01 pm

DEHog wrote:
NikiH wrote:I actually found it on a search engine. And believe it or not I was here before Jansenfan! ;-) I showed him the way. And his day job will never be the same.

OK JF turn in your gold letters, they belong to some one else :)
The funny thing is that we were waiting in line for autographs on fan appreciation day and some long-haired guy asked if he could take Jackson's picture in his Champ Bailey NIkiH-made overalls. Never thought much about it.

Niki and I were members at Webskins and Niki actually talked to Wingman over there about a Jon Jansen fan club we had thought about starting. Wingman stated that he was affiliated with thehogs.net and that the staff would probably be interested. She checked it out and in the gallery was the picture of this long-haired guy with Patrick Ramsey. She sent me the link and asked me if I thought it looked like the guy that took Jackson's picture.....I emailed BossHog, who had wanted to post Jackson's pic but had forgotten to get our permission and the rest is history.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:59 pm

did a search for redskin fan web sites and this was the first one i clicked on and the rest is history.
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

piggie

Postby HogInBlacksburg » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:18 am

Right after Coach Gibbs returned, BossHog did an online chat with the Post and referenced the site. I liked his attitude and what he had to say. It is by far the most insightful and entertaining site I've seen. :)

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:24 am

I'm BossHog's cheerleading section and have been here since before conception!!!!

It's BossHog's dream and vision that has allowed this site to be :hail: ; it's the great group of volunteers (writers/moderators/promoters) that allows this site to stand above and beyond any others of it's kind :rock: ; and it's the great and unique group of members that allows this site to grow and thrive with passionate and provoking dialogue that is certainly unlike most other boards on the 'net =D> .

taz
HTTR

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:35 am

Last June I was searching the net for Redskin news and came across the site on some search engine. I enjoyed it so much and saw that BossHog was asking for volunteers to help with the site. I volunteered and couldn't be more proud to be associated with the best Redskin website.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:40 am

Divine Intervention.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby screwgun » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:44 pm

I found it on a search engine as well. What a great find I might add. Then I got the opportunity to meet some of the people at fan appreciation day this year. It was an experience I'll always remember , meeting fans as dedicated as myself !!
Hail REDSKINS !!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:10 pm

screwgun wrote:I found it on a search engine as well. What a great find I might add. Then I got the opportunity to meet some of the people at fan appreciation day this year. It was an experience I'll always remember , meeting fans as dedicated as myself !!
it was nice to meet someone else who drove as far is i did to get there. :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

swine

Postby MURP » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:49 pm

The Fan2Fan aliance... some Skins posters here came over to concretefield and participated in talks. :)
1, 2, barbeque.

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:26 am

Saw a report on washington Post website that Joe was coming back (it was only rumoured at that time)

I was searching for more details over the next couple of days when BossHog did the great job on the Post website and they provided a link to here.
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon