Team Chemistry

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---------

Team Chemistry

Postby redskins56 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:58 pm

It seems to me the story is the same over and over and over, year after year, season after season... It comes with high hopes, and new talented faces, and goes without a plyoff game... Maybe the problem is getting a little chemistry...

Lavar Arrington was recently quoted as saying, he thinks, "If we can get enough guys to stay together as a group for a little while, we will be fine. I may be wrong, but let me have a chance to prove it. If I'm wrong let me die trying."

If we get rid of Champ Bailey, like so many people on this website are pleading for, we are going in the wrong direction. Champ has done nothing but play at a high level, since we drafted him with the 7th pick in 1999. He has never missed a game, rarely missed a a defensive play, and is hands down the best cover corner in the game. Rahter than worrying about who we are bringing in next year, lets try to keep some faces around...

If ya can't make the playoffs after spending 100 million dollars on all pro talent (2000) or brining in a handful of pro bowlers, maybe there are other problems. I say the real problem is keeping people arond, stick it out. You mean to tell me the '99 team that won the division was a better team than the one we have now... NO way... Shar Pourdanesh, and Brad Badger on the line, please... Albert Connel going for 1000 yards, did anyone see that coming? Skip Hicks getting used in 3rd down situations...

It isn't all about talent in this league, it comes down to coaching and unity... The Redskins have decent coaching right now, and very little unity... Time makes a winnner not money...

Diesel

Re: Team Chemistry

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:07 pm

redskins56 wrote:If we get rid of Champ Bailey, like so many people on this website are pleading for,

redskins56 We aren't saying get rid of Champ...just the opposite Champ wants to leave. And as I've already said it's hard to keep a player who doesn't want to be here. Are the Bucs gettting rid of Keyshawn? Champ want out and yes he has played at a high level until this year, yes he's been nicked up but have you ever been employed by a company you didn't want to be with? Did it affect your performance? I feel Champs additude off the field has affected his play on the field. As for the rest of your post I agree 100% I would like to see this core of players back next year
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:08 pm

A couple of things...

1. Welcome to the board.

2. I totally agree that the lack of continuity and chemistry have a lot to do with our woes. We're constantly flipping 10-15 guys minimum per season.

3. I just disagree about Champ. I think he's bad for that very chemistry that you speak of. I don't know when exactly it started, but Champ hasn't always been a me-me-me kind of guy. But there is no disputing that he has been this year.

Champ's recent comments are just further evidence that he doesn't really want to be here anymore for whatever reason. How can that be GOOD for team chemistry?

Just my My 2 cents

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby robnva22191 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:06 am

I very much agree about the chenistry with the Skins.This has been going on ever since we lost Coach Gibbs.I think we need to bring back the Hogs,the big offencive line like we used to have.Also I think they need to start haveing fun again,bring back the Fun Bunch.You can't play well if u don't enjoy what u are doing.It seems 2 me that they have lost their love for the game,it's all about the money now.That's so sad. But that's just my outlook.

---------

Champ is a Champ

Postby redskins56 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:42 pm

“I thought I had a pretty good year, but as a team I just wish we could have topped it off with a good year, too," Bailey said on Thursday. "It’s one of those things where you want to go, but you want to win, too."

If you ask me that doesn't sound too much like a me-me-me type guy. Contrary to popular beleif, Champ has never been this way, and I might be frustrated if I laid it all on the line, week in and week out, not missing a game, and giving 110% for 5 strait seasons for my franchise, only to play in one playoff game.

Not to mention playing under 5 defensive coordinators, and 4 head coaches... Not to mention being bashed on a regular basis by so called loyal fans, who are calling for washed up and less productive players to replace me... (Bobby Taylor got beat 4 times for 2 TD's in Miami on Monday... McCallister has been beat for at least one TD in all but one game this year...)

If I am Champ Bailey, and I am headed to my fourth strait pro bowl in my fifth NFL season, I am a little dissapinted with how things are going. Throughout the course of a seven month period of daily questioning from reporters, whose main objective is to stir up controversy for us to debate on this website, quotes and opinions will be misinterpreted. At times, Bailey may say something that maybe he shouldn't but the bottom line is he is a young guy, playing a kids game, who leads by example... It isn't a conincidence that Fred Smoot, who bunks with Bailey on occassion, and works out with him vigorosuly, has suddenly developed into one of the games headiest, and best corners. He is a second round pick, who has gotten better game by game since he was drafted, and Bailey's influence has been instrumental in that.

How often do we point the finger at player's around the league saying, look at taht former Redskin doing that great ting... (Brad Johnosn winning a SB championship, Trent Green going to the pro bowl with 23TD's and 9ints, Stephen Davis going to the Pro Bowl, ND Kalu having three sacks a few weeks back, James Thrash leading the Eagles recivers, Shawn Barber blowing up in Kansas City...)

We will be pointing at Champ next season, when he is minding his business going about his work, shutting down the opposing teams number one recevier, if we dont stop wishing his departure. He doesn't want to leave, he wants to stay... But they have got to show him the money, and HE HAS EARNED IT... Laveranues Coles is great, but he got a record 13 million signing bonus to come here, before ever playing for us... Champion Bailey has been here for the past five years, never once getting in trouble on or off of the field, being productive on the field and in the communtiy, and being an absolute professional.

I guess the old adage is true... I guess people don't know how special what they have is, until they don't have it... You Champ "haters" will see next year what happens without him... When Ade Jimoh and Rashaud Bauman are trying to cover Isacc Bruce and Ike Hilliard....

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:54 am

hmmm... this looks familiar. I won't repost my answer to this same post on the other thread.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:02 pm

The other indian team finished 8-8 last year. Some of it was due to injuries and some was due to no chemistry.

Look at them go now!!!!

Chemistry is key. :D
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football