Wuerfel?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
... deep in TX

Wuerfel?

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:34 pm

Sorry, just back from vacation and have picked up that Johnson has really sucked in camp, but Wuerfel again?

Are there no other decent prospects that Spurrier could groom to prepare for Patrick's backup?

This worries me!

Signing him once....ok we made a mistake.

Signing him twice....sounds pretty stupid to me.

What's the deal with Banks and the other rookie? Either going to make the roster, if Johnson's sent packing?
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby newshog » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:59 pm

Banks was released when Wuerffel was signed, so he's out of the equation.

Right now, the question revolves around whether the QB chart will be:

Ramsey/Johnson/Wuerffel (or Ramsey/Wuerffel/Johnson) with Hamdan going to the practice squad assuming he clears waivers

or if it will be:

Ramsey/Wuerffel/Hamdan with Johnson cut

Basically, I think it's up in the air pending everybody's performance in the preseason. Spurrier was just worried that if Ramsey went down and neither Johnson nor Hamdan could execute the FnG, that we'd be doomed. So Wuerffel was signed as an insurance policy, most especially for the early part of the season.

At least, that's my take on it!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:16 pm

I'm not the biggest Wuerffel fan, but at least he has a bit of scrambling ability. Everyone makes a big hoop-la about Johnson's agility but I have never seen it. At least Wuerffel makes an effort to use his legs. And he's tough. Remember Spurrier almost killed him after going full steam to make the tackle when he kicked off?? I've never seen Johnson try to make a tackle the way Wuerffel did that play.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:45 pm

thanks guys! I feel alittle better and didn't realize Banks was released.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piglet

Postby ace phoenix » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:47 pm

Please just tell me Patrick Ramsey is more durable than Brad JOhnson. IF he is, then all this talk about who is the #2 or 3 will be unnecessary.
Personally I hate Rob Johnson, we should never have signed him and we need to dump him before he infects the whole team with his backup, headband, non-flute, a$$...
httr

Return to Around the League