Just One (NFL) Wish for the Holidays

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Just One (NFL) Wish for the Holidays

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:01 pm

First of all, I want to wish all of my Redskins brothers and sisters out there a very wonderful (and safe) holiday season. Even though times could be better for us, take this time to relish in your families and enjoy being together for the holidays.

Now, as for me, I have but one small wish this holiday season. Dear Santa......please make sure the Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs. Although that prospect doesn't look good right now, there is still a chance it will happen (I think)....if:

1. Dallas has to lose 2.

This isn't likely because the Giants are just playing extremely bad lately. Hopefully, they'll try to win out for their departing coach. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the Giants find some spunk and surprise the Cowboys by whoopin' them. Dallas will have a much tougher time against the Saints. With any luck, the Cowboys will finish 9-7 with a NFC record of 7-5.

2. Green Bay and/or Minnesota should finish 9-7.

Green Bay is playing at Oakland and then at home against Denver. The Vikings are hosting the Chiefs and then traveling to Arizona. If both win out, they'll both finish at 10-6. If not, hopefully Minnesota will win the division and Green Bay will be the wildcard. If Green Bay finishes 9-7 [tied with Dallas in our best case scenario], their NFC record will also be 7-5...so it'll depend on other tiebreakers]

3. Seattle must win out.

Seattle is hosting the Cardinals and then traveling to San Francisco. Both are very winnable games for the Seahawks. If they win out, they'll finish at 10-6. If they lose one game, they'll be 9-7 with an NFC record of 7-5.

I would like nothing more than the Cowboys NOT even getting into the playoffs this year. If that happens, I will truly have a joyous holiday season.

GOD, I JUST CAN'T FIND THE WORDS TO TELL YOU JUST HOW MUCH I HATE THOSE FREAKIN' COWBOYS!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Venting Hog I here you...I just got two emails from boyz fans that haven't talk to me all year...I don't know what to reply back. The fact that there were so many boys fans at the game just kills me. We call them fairweather fans...where were we. I plegde here and now to NEVER sell, go with, or help a pokes fan with a ticket. All the boys fans here go over to our house, they never go up to Philly, they're to scared. It's time we did sometime about this (are you listening BossHog) I have a few Idea I want to run buy you guy and gals after this season. It the mean time let me wish you'll a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Let's all get together at the draft party...Go BLUE HENS beat Colgate!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:13 pm

I also hereby pledge that with my 1st year of being a Redskins season ticket holder (next year), I will NEVER sell my tickets to a non-Redskin fan! If I can't find a fan to sell them to, I'll give them away on this message board to someone worthy!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

piglet

Postby shorebird » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:18 am

Now, that is what I call some serious venting! :lol: Hopefully, if the Plowboys DO make the playoffs, they will have to come to Philly, and the Eagles will spank their butts.
I have a lot of class, it's just all third.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:23 am

Like that will make us feel better Shorebird :-)

By the way... welcome back!

Obviously our seasons have gone in polar opposite directions since the last time you were here.

Sure glad I gave philly their dues then instead of gloating.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:24 am

Yeah, but McNabb still isn't worth a 95 in Madden ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:56 pm

A Superbowl win is on the top of my list, no matter how ugly it is.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

piglet

Postby shorebird » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:18 am

You guys already have gotten' 4 Superbowls for Christmas, now Santa needs to take care of the Philly fans. 8)

Boss, I know this season has to be tough for you guys. If I were a Redskins fan, and had one wish for Christmas, it would be for a new owner. I don't know though, maybe Snyder has seen the error of his ways. At least he has given' the 'ole ball coach some security with his comments about him being back next year for sure. I mean geez, it has to stop somewere.

Personally, I don't think the Skins are that far away. Get some blocking for your good young qb, Ramsey, and watch this team start winning. You already have a decent defense. The Skins kinda' remind me of the Cowboys last year, a team ready to make the jump over the .500 mark with a little work on personel. Only difference is there is only one Bill Parcels.

The only thing I can't figure is why do you still have Bruce Smith in a uniform? He'd be long gone if he played for the Eagles. A team in transition can't afford to have some washed up veteran padding his stats at their expense.
I have a lot of class, it's just all third.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:05 am

couldn't agree more VH...well said!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:18 pm

Madden is the Shiz nit. Mcnabb is not all that in the game.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:04 pm

You guys already have gotten' 4 Superbowls for Christmas, now Santa needs to take care of the Philly fans.

No disrespect for you personally, Shorebird, but....like I've always said....the EAGLES should NEVER EVER EVER win a Super Bowl!!

Why! Their fans are the worst (present company excluded).

Fans from opposing teams cannot feel safe if/when they decide to go to Philly to root for their team. Yes, razzing an opponent's fan is one thing....but death threats, fights, food-throwing, etc. is completely another.

I've never felt that way when rooting for the Redskins in another stadium (not in D.C.).

Generally, Philly fans are the lowest class of fans and simply don't deserve a Super Bowl winning team.

Again, Shorebird, this is not meant as an attack on you in any way....it is simply my opinion of Eagles fans, in general.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football