RB in the draft????

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

RB in the draft????

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:58 am

after reading todays times article, i have mixed emotions. i still think a d lineman is top priority, but if history repeats itself again in snyder land, we probably won't draft that lineman :roll: i can see it now........snyder sign warren sapp to a 4 year 100mil contract and drafts RB jones from VT(although that wouldn't exactly be a mistake, i'd still prefer a pass rushing end) this off season is already shaping itself into another "soap opera" :x
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:40 am

WTF eh?

... it doesn't seem like we'll ever learn.

So our #1 concern is drafting a RB? The position that is so often used in the Fun 'N Gun (note: tongue stuffed firmly in cheek).

I don't even know what to say... it just seems like this franchise doesn't have a clue which direction it is heading.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:21 pm

that's why we need a GM and headstrong headcoach who can and will work together...hell they can be the same person if necessary....anything would be better than our current joke of a FO/coaching staff
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piglet

No to RB

Postby Star City Skins Fan » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:34 pm

As a Redskins fan and a Virginia Tech graduate, count me among those not wanting Kevin Jones in the draft. The Skins have much bigger needs and though a great player, Jones is not the guy to bring in. He's another me-first type of guy, and I think we have enough of those already. After losses he has been happy if his numbers look good and he has been way too concerned in individual accolades (feeling slighted in the Heisman voting). Jones has had a knack for spinning into 2 or 3 tacklers while looking for a big run instead of getting the first down. I'd take back Lee Suggs' low, goal-line running any day. There's a reason that even after setting the Tech record for rushing yards in a season, you don't see that many people in Lane Stadium wearing No. 25 -- and it's not because he changed numbers during his collegiate career.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:40 pm

A me-first guy eh? He should fit right in, in the NFL :-)

As you said SCSF... we have much bigger needs.

Welcome to the board.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football