ok.......offseason reality

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

ok.......offseason reality

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:44 am

no wish list. we are never gonna have a gm, just my cousin vinny. the reason i said reality, is because thats what i want to discuss here. we've all had our "wish list" and have posted what we think would be the best solution to fix our team. but that isn't reality. here's what i see.
1. spurrier..... he stays. 15 million is too much for even danny to fork over to break it off(hell, he's still paying marty).
2. spurrier's staff..... revamped. with the exception of 2 or 3 guys, there will be a ton of new faces at redskins park next year. edwards should already have his bags packed. we need to bring in an OC to butt heads with SS, a little veteran input.
3. special teams...... barker is outty, other than that ST has been ok all year. thank your lucky stars for john hall.
4. offense...... with the number of receivers on the roster, i don't think DM will be resigned. :cry: our RBBC situation has been dismal. no continuity at all. we do need one guy the be THE guy, and unfortunatley it dosen't look like that guy is on our roster. i see some sort of move happening to fix that. TE, would be worth looking at 3rd or 4th round prospects or cheap and available FA's. OL, i think we are set here. FB, i think rock and johnson do a good job, no need to try to fix what isn't broken. QB, we have our starter and backup pretty much set.(how many times were we able to say that this past 10 years?)
5. defense...... where to start, our victim of our offensive overhaul last year. as stated earlier, edwards is almost certainly gone. another big issue is bailey. i'm almost 100% certain that he is franchised. he is a hot FA name, no doubt, but i just can't see any team giving him the numbers he wants, AND shell out even one first rounder, let alone 2. this leads to a bad situation, players don't usually take the tag well in the first place, it puts them in a bad position. i personally think the best way to resolve the situation is to cut(or remove the tag, however you want to put it) bailey if we don't get any good offers. theres no reason to try to make him play for us with the other names also on the market. it'll be interesting to see exactly how this thing does pan out. CB's, champs situation pretty much dictates the cb movment, obviously if he goes, we need a replacment. and somebody please get smoot a contract extension, what a team player, the guy is proud to be a skin. Saftey, while there is room for improvement, ohalete and bowen are also team players. it dosen't bother me if we head into next season with those guys. there is no saftey of roy williams caliber in the draft, so there is no reason to use a high pick on one. maybe eye a few prospects in the later rounds. LB, we're stacked. pierce is a good backup. i think mitchell is a FA, but he's up there in age, so i don't think he'll get a ton of offers, would be wise to resign him to a backup role. D-line, where to start.... ok first priority in the draft, PASS RUSH, we need an end and a tackle.if we get a first in champ situation this is where we use it. if we only have one draft pick, use it on a tackle, there are some good name ends on the market (maybe even another jetskin in the making) a veteran might be a better contributor right from the get go, and we'd have to work a rookie into the swing of things. d russell, while i like the guys on field play, his off the field antics bother me. i mean you are "auditioning" for a job next year and you're late to meetings....WTF? but he does demand that double team in the middle, he's a great nose T. i don't have a problem with wynn, a blue collar type run stuffer.
you guys feel free to make corrections or changes where you see fit. but like i said before, keep reality in check, no need to waste time chasing dreams.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:36 pm

I'm going to repost my Offseason Wish Lists forum at the end of the year.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Sarcastic Hog

Sigh...

Postby skinz74 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:14 pm

I too, will refrain from throwing my LAST two cents into the wishing well until I have some more concrete evidence of what is going to happen with the head coach/off coord/def coord. situation. Makes a grown man weep. :cry:

Postby zspawn71 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:12 pm

Postby zspawn71 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:12 pm

Postby zspawn71 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:43 pm

I really dont think were that far away,5th toughfest schedule and were close in all but 3 games.A running back that can carry it 20 to 25 times agame.Atightend Vikings Jim Klinsauser comes to mind,This would really help are offense.On defense Ireally like Grant Winstrom real blue collar dosent quit.D.T. whats really out there Ted WASHINGTON would not be bad.I also would draft either Sean Taylor or WillSmith, D.C. get edwards out bring in somebody that knows how to blitz.What about Joe Bugel to coach the o-line just a few ideas.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:31 pm

If the reality is cousin vinny, then the rest of your post is not needed. Dumb and Dumber have already shown us that they can't make good personnel and coaching decisions. I will remain down on this team until meaningful changes are made.
it is what it is

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:43 pm

zspawn71 wrote:I really dont think were that far away,5th toughfest schedule and were close in all but 3 games.A running back that can carry it 20 to 25 times agame.Atightend Vikings Jim Klinsauser comes to mind,This would really help are offense.On defense Ireally like Grant Winstrom real blue collar dosent quit.D.T. whats really out there Ted WASHINGTON would not be bad.I also would draft either Sean Taylor or WillSmith, D.C. get edwards out bring in somebody that knows how to blitz.What about Joe Bugel to coach the o-line just a few ideas.

We are so far away, its pitch black!!! Forget the FA you mentioned, they cost money and they don't want to be here unless the dan is going to throw powerball type money their way. (if Pennington and Vick were healthy we would have the first pick at 3-13). The truth is I believe that Edwards should go, but Vince Lombardi couldn't have won with this chicken s&*t Defensive Line. Period. I hang these 2 poor seasons squarely on the shoulders of the front office. We are the laughing stock of the league and I hate Snyder that much more.
it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football