Changes... Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Changes... Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:17 pm

I know that's a cheesy spinoff title from Aerosmith, but that's our season in a nutshell. Spurrier said the team will make significant player and coaching changes possibly in the next two weeks. Boy, oh boy! I really look forward to this. I predict we will fire George Edwards and hire former Bills head coach Gregg Williams as our new defensive coordinator.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:04 pm

Actually, that's Bowie, not Aerosmith. :) I'm excited too.
oops....sorry!

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:22 pm

Are you kidding me? Williams? If he is hired, I will HAVE to get a secondary team to root for!!! We need a F*&#ing GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone HEAR MEEEE!!!!!
it is what it is

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:27 pm

LOUD AND CLEAR...I think this is one of the bone of contention between DS and SS. SS want a GM, DS want some assitant coaches fired. Maybe they can agree (for the better of the team) to bring in a GM and allow him to evaluate and make the changes.
Yea right imagine DS allowing someone besides him to make a discision??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

---------

Postby redskins56 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:46 am

Jake, I know someone allready said something, but I have to tell ya too... It's Bowie not Aerosmith... lol

Good point though

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:16 am

From the USA today...

Which brings us to Steve Spurrier.

His is an interesting case of NFL inexperience and ineffective, meddlesome ownership-management converging to undermine a once-glorious franchise.

The ol' $5 million-a-year ball coach from Florida doesn't appear to be going anywhere — except straight to the golf course. In his true, iconoclastic style, which thus far has been an undeniable disaster, Spurrier has eschewed the NFL protocol of a few days of postseason housekeeping. Instead, he will go on vacation. Despite weekend reports that he and his wife weren't happy with his job, and that he was considering quitting as coach of the Washington Redskins, Spurrier tried to remain upbeat Sunday, the day after a dreadful 31-7 loss to Philadelphia.

"Big crowd here," he said, greeting the media. "Who is that guy with a Gator hat on? OK, we wound up 5-11, not very good, but there were some worse than us, I guess that's one positive way to look at it. We weren't the worst team in the league."

From there, it went downhill, including this: "Some guys had pretty dad-gum good years. I think our kickers, John Hall and Bryan Barker, had exceptional years."

Clearly, the chagrined and embarrassed coach is kicking himself. In two seasons he has a 12-20 record in the NFL, including 2-10 in the NFC East. In a dozen seasons at Florida, he lost all of 27 games. Spurrier underestimated what it took to get it done in the NFL. He foolishly hired an inadequate coaching staff. And when it comes to discipline, let's just say that Spurrier is not exactly Parcellsian in approach.

Football is about attitude, about finding the right coach. For some teams, the hunt never seems to end.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

----

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:46 pm

I'm glad I shredded the season ticket reservation form! For people to make that much money and not take their job seriously, don't deserve the money I have to work hard for. I'll stick with the sunday ticket so I'm certain to watch a team with passion on Sunday's. Flock you Snyder!
it is what it is

piglet

Postby Star City Skins Fan » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:21 pm

Well, I'm still glad I sent in my season ticket reservations. At least Favre and Stabby Lewis will be coming to FedEx, and no one can say those guys don't play with passion. Who knows, maybe the Skins will be Back in the Saddle again - Aerosmith. 8)
Yes, there is another Redskins fan in Roanoke!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:12 pm

I meant it was a spinoff of Jaded that Aerosmith did a few years ago. Never heard the Changes song.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:30 pm

So you know, Aerosmith's Jaded was a cheap knockoff of Bowie's CLASSIC Changes. The choruses sound kinda similar, but Bowie's actually uses the word changes.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:07 pm

I with you HitDr....flock you Spurrier....not only have we had to suffer through two seasons of worthless undisiplined football, he's now going to drag this out and harm our franchise for next season (either way, whether he stays or not). DS needs to be a man, suck up the measly $15m and fire his worthless a$$! I'd respect him more for that, than this cat and mouse b.s.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:20 pm

dan snyder has dug himself a hole that is going to be tough to climb out of.
DS needs to be a man, suck up the measly $15m and fire his worthless a$$! I'd respect him more for that, than this cat and mouse b.s.

he is trying to adjust. he's done so much that wasn't called for. first the big free agent bust(s) a few years back. then canning norv while we were still in playoff contention. bring in marty, and give up control(first smart move ever) then after a promising finish to the season, cans marty to nab spurrier for 5 mil a year..... all these moves were impatient, bone headed and just plain STUPID. he thought he had his guy with spurrier,(agian inexperience on danny's part where needing a gm would help so much) and now the only time firing a coach is the right thing to do, danny is gun shy. the media is all over this guy and he can't hide. while spurrier was being stubborn and trying to prove the fun n gun without adjustments. snyder just won't relinquish power. he needs a football partner, not a raquetball partner. My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football