powerhouses for '04

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
aka Evil Hog

powerhouses for '04

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:07 am

who do you guys think will be takin it to the house next year?
i'll list a couple teams.
1. ATL - watch out for these guys. if vick stays healthy....nuff said. i really admire what they are doing in atl. blank hired rich mckay. (hint, hint....danny, you bleeping weasle) mckay will now find a head coach. mckay will analyze the team and use the draft, and free agency. blank will spend the $$$ to get the talent mckay wants. this team could be dangerous. probably will go deep in the playoffs, if not even win it all.
2. Baltimore - they've got their franchise qb. they've got one mean defense too. jamal lewis controls the clock, helps out boller. they seem really scary too.
3. Cinncy - marvin has made his mark. he keeps talking about turning the corner, and they will turn it next year. they have no defensive talent, and we all know marvin will take care of that. they don't look as good as atl or bal, but they are on the move.
4.Carolina - they have the right personnel for what they do. kevin dyson is on ir but will return, that will add some zip to the passing game. will probably draft at the DB position or look to the large number of FA corners going to hit the market. will have a year of working together on this system they have, and it only gets better.
5. Dallass - damn, did i just say that ](*,) WTF?!?! anyways, they are a running back shy of the superbowl. you let parcells get his hands on a stout back, and all hell will break loose. they are a ton under the cap as well. we may be in for another losing streak.

And here are a couple that are on the move upwards, but won't quite be "there" by next year.
1. Houston - they got a great gm....FROM US ;furious; got a lot of draft picks to use. got a great group of young players. the wheels will start to roll in houston in '04
2. Detroit - mooch is in full effect. they need another good year in free agency and the draft. they to have a great group of young guys.
3. Jacksonville - del rio will be in his second year as coach. leftwich has not disapointed. the defense is already great against the run, they will probably upgrade the DB's.

i would bet the house that one of those top five makes it to the SB next year. i know theres a few teams that deserve to be on this list that aren't, but i didn't feel like doing power rankings. these are just the one i see as having to potential to be on fire.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:16 am

I agree with most of your post...I don't believe D can win the SB with Quincy at QB. One team that I'd add to the list is the Seahawks, I feel they have all the parts (if they keep Springs) to be a contender next year. If Roades would just turn the D loose! My sleeper is Jacksonville I love what Del Rio is doing down there. Of course in this day of FA a team can go from 5-11 to 11-5 in a hurry..why not the Skins???
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:29 am

I don't believe D can win the SB with Quincy at QB.

while he isn't an all star, he is a solid blue collar player, and he's in good with parcells. a good back would take a little more presure off of quincy, and would open up those receivers even more. they have the defense to do it.
One team that I'd add to the list is the Seahawks

you know, i almost put them in there, but they just can't seem to get over the hump. they've got all the right pieces in place, but they just aren't all working together.
Of course in this day of FA a team can go from 5-11 to 11-5 in a hurry..why not the Skins???

hey we can all dream can't we :wink: we too are only a couple really good moves from being a really good team. this "vacation" that spurrier is taking is not helping. i mean if the coach could give a $%@# about sticking around to figure out what went wrong, why should anyone else? spurrier is all about me, me, me too. makes me sick. let's just play golf instead of facing reality.;furious; hell, lets get out of the nfl, join the pga, and become the "golfskins". like i said in another post, snyder is gun shy. if this all had happened 2 years ago, spurrier wouldn't have even had the chance to do that sunday press conference.
THN's resident jerk.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:44 am

Bingo...as someone here has already said, because of DS past mistakes he is gunshy about firing a guy he has every right to fire. Now I have to be honest and say I didn't want SS fired, but I also want a conmittment from my coach!! If I'm DS I fire up the jet, fly to FL look SS straight in the eyes and say are you my coach... if SS so much as rolls a eye or blinks, I say enjoy your vaction and while your at it you need to do some house hunting..I'll have you check waiting when come back to D.C. to pack out!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:57 am

while he isn't an all star, he is a solid blue collar player, and he's in good with parcells. a good back would take a little more presure off of quincy,

I agree a good back helps any QB...what makes you think he's in good with BP after a 17 TD 21 INT season? I think he will have a bad game this week, Carolina will make him beat them and he won't.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:58 am

I think he will have a bad game this week, Carolina will make him beat them and he won't.

dallass beat car once this year, and on top of that s davis has NEVER beaten the pukes as a starter. i hope the panthers smoke the pukes, but these are things to ponder.
THN's resident jerk.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:08 pm

I'd never bet against BP but I just feel D is overmatch in this game. Throw out the regular season, that was in D. I think Fox will turn loose his D on Q and force him into 3 Int. and a few fumbles...Carolina turns a close game into a rout!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:14 pm

Carolina turns a close game into a rout!!

I hope so!!!!
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Around the League