moving?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
granger

moving?

Postby granger » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:44 pm

Anybody have any ideas where Spurrior is going?

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:49 pm

This may be why there are conflicking reports

If he resigns without some sort of exit deal, Spurrier, who had three years remaining on his contract at a total of $15 million, will get none of that money. However, it was reported earlier today that the Redskins will cover the former coach's moving expenses, if he resigns.

And, if he resigns without an agreement, Spurrier cannot coach in the league for the next three years unless a future NFL employer is willing to give the Redskins compensation, in the form of draft picks, cash, or both.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:06 pm

DEHog wrote:This may be why there are conflicking reports

If he resigns without some sort of exit deal, Spurrier, who had three years remaining on his contract at a total of $15 million, will get none of that money. However, it was reported earlier today that the Redskins will cover the former coach's moving expenses, if he resigns.

And, if he resigns without an agreement, Spurrier cannot coach in the league for the next three years unless a future NFL employer is willing to give the Redskins compensation, in the form of draft picks, cash, or both.

But college would be free range, correct? I heard rumors a while back about him to Nebraska, and now they are coming up again. With him not recieving a buyout package this would make it fairly easy for a college to hire him as head coach. They would not have to pay the redskins restitution or whatever to buy out spurrior's contract.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:11 pm

Not sure depends on the contract...I see no reason for DS to care if he coaches in college and no reason for SS to agree to that so my guess is he can.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:35 pm

I'd lay 10-1 odds that Spurrier will be a Corn-Husker before the end of January '04.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:42 pm

Venting Hog wrote:I'd lay 10-1 odds that Spurrier will be a Corn-Husker before the end of January '04.

Do you have any sources or is this just opinion?

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:44 pm

My "gut"....which, unfortunately, is pretty freakin' large! :D
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:48 pm

Venting Hog wrote:My "gut"....which, unfortunately, is pretty freakin' large! :D

I used to have washboard abs, now I just got a washtub for a stomach.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football