goodbye to my "fellow" Washington Redskin fans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:57 pm

ok guys....let's take this day to rejoice and be glad to be rid of SOS and stand united! This is a great day in our proud organization's history...we should be happy and together as brothers!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:17 am

Agreed - just a misunderstanding - DEHog wasn't talking about you, he was talking about the guy who started this thread. While I liked his original letter and understood to a degree the way he felt, I must agree that a love that dies sounds awful permanent and it seems weird that after all of the stuff he wrote he would suddenly come poofing back to love the Skins again.

I think what was said was right on the button, because for all of us fans who still look forward to Dallas week (or most other weeks), follow faithfully, hope dramatically (to be let down rather harshly in recent years of course) we didn't leave. We didn't say "I quit". I won't. I might fade out into the background a bit, maybe I won't tweak my schedule as hard to make sure I am home, but I will follow the news, the columns and still be right there hoping and cheering. I certainly won't quit.

I feel bad that he put so much into his team that he feels that his whole life is connected to it... but that is his way I suppose :shrug:

I love 'em, but if they lose I don't feel disgraced or hate my life. I have real reasons for disliking my life as it stands and it isn't some game where players who don't know me play for a coach who doesn't know what is going on. I don't revolve my emotional stability on the game. I do believe that if he was so wounded by Snyder that he gave up completely and severed all ties to his heart for the team that it seems like an awful quick turnaround.
Rich in Roanoke

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:39 am

WOW, RSF and I agree...somebody write it down :lol: just kidding, I probably agree with 99.9 % of what you say. I enjoy reading your posts. I'm glad we agree here, I guess I'm just tired of fair-weather fans. I found this site after the Dallas game because I was so pissed off; instead of running and swearing off the Skins I decided I wanted to do something about it. I have ideas and I will share them soon, I just don't want to piss people off, I'm a newbie here. I have no problem with people venting here as long as they stay on board, it like family you argue but you also have each other backs. LTF walks in here says goodbye in 1 post, everybody here tried to console him, hell I offered him a ticket. He didn't except, he's probably one of those season ticket holders who sells his tickets waiting for the Skins to get better so he can jump on TK bandwagon. Yes I'm a footballaholic and yes the Skins are my poison of choice. But the sun doesn't rise and fall with them. I tell my kids all the time enjoy your victories in life because there will be more loses. Don't get to high when you win and don't get to low when you lose. Like it or not losing is a part of like it's what makes winning so enjoyable. LTF either your a Skins fan or you not, if you are it OK to come here and vent just don't jump ship every losing season, or when DS doesn't hire the coach you want
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football