SS Statement

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

SS Statement

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:25 pm

"I am announcing my resignation as head coach of the Washington Redskins effective today, December 30, 2003.

"I thank Dan Snyder for the opportunity to coach this team for the past two years and I apologize to Redskins fans that we did not achieve a level of success that we had all hoped.

"This is a very demanding job. It's a long grind and I feel that after 20 years as a head coach, there are other things that I need to do. I appreciate all the support, especially from former Redskins players in the area and again, I wish we would have come closer to the success those players enjoyed under Coach Joe Gibbs.

"There are many outstanding players on the Redskins team and I wish them all the best. I'll always be pulling for the Redskins. I simply believe that this is the right time for me to move on, because this team needs new leadership. Hiring a new head coach will allow him to hire a new coaching staff and hopefully point the Redskins in the right direction.

"I've enjoyed my time in Washington. Obviously, all of the losing can wear you down, but I believe that the franchise is headed in the right direction.

"Again, I'll always be pulling for the Washington Redskins
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:27 pm

Well - that was classy enough - I never hated the man - just his lack of motivation and coherence in coaching.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:37 pm

bahhhhh, he said what he had to. he despises the whole situation deep down... :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:39 pm

LOL ya cynic ya
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:45 pm

agreed hailskins.....blah, blah, blah....whatever
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:51 am

I call it world class postering to try and save face. Forget it Steve-O, take you medicine and admit that your work ethic isnt NFL calibre. Go shoot 18 and try and give the PGA a try not that you have some more spare time.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:00 am

Yea, it probaly couldn't have been handled a little better. SS just plain underestimated what it took to succeed in the NFL. Remember him saying I won't be sleeping at Redskins Park and making fun of Hasslett. I really feel this all began last year. When I watched SS at FL as soon as he lost his first game it was like season over let's get out of here...So he comes to the NFL were losing is a part of life and he just couldn't handle it. You look at BP and he recently admitted that he is flawed he can't get coaching out of him it cost him his marriage he has had to get counciling. He said the botttom line it is what I am period.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:03 am

I would like to see what Billy could do with our current cast of characters. I feel we have more talent that the Cowflops and I think we could have seen the same success that they are this season. I think he is something special, this season solidifies that.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:09 am

Bill said last week...hands down the Skins have the best talent in the NFC East!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football