Green, Fassell, or Rhoades?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which one of the "top 3" would you like as the Redskins next coach?

Dennis Green
57%
Jim Fassell
36%
Ray Rhoades
7%

Total votes : 14
Pursuer of Justice

Green, Fassell, or Rhoades?

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:29 pm

According to this article, seems like the Skins' top-3 to replace Spurrier is: Dennis Green, Jim Fassell, and Ray Rhoades.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43031-2003Dec30.html

I realize a similar poll was asked recently....but I'm gonna tweak it a little, asking - among these 3 - who you would like to see as the Redskins next coach?

I, for one, would prefer Dennis Green. I think he has the mentality to come in and make the necessary changes.

What do you think?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:47 pm

My vote went for Green. But damnit I want Johnson, he'll bring this team from the dumps I tell ya!!!!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:22 pm

I voted for Rhoades...I for one think he's a good coach, is hungry and could do some great things for us. Plus he has some experience with the organization already.....including dealing with both Cerrato (reported they have a decent relationship) and Snyder
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:37 pm

i voted green. i've posted a lot about JJ but, thats probably not gonna happen. and after greens recent comments on how to run a team, i think he may just be the best man for the job.
Plus he has some experience with the organization already.....including dealing with both Cerrato (reported they have a decent relationship) and Snyder
green already has a relationship with my cousin vinny too. i think fassel is my second choice.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:44 pm

I'm right there with ya, triple six...

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:15 pm

any of the three would be better than having the 'ole ball coach back for another joke of a season!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:00 pm

Green is an offensive minded coach that pays no attention to defense or discipline. Haven't we gone down that road twice already? I don't like Fassel, but I think he's a good coach that could whip this team into shape. I want Lovie Smith.
oops....sorry!

Postby zspawn71 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:59 pm

If you cant beat em take from him,JIM FASSEL is our man.He knows the skins better then the other guys do,And he knows the division big ++++++.He also would know how to beat tne GIANTS seems we havent done that when its counted for awhile.

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:35 pm

My vote went for Green. But damnit I want Johnson, he'll bring this team from the dumps I tell ya!!!!

Chris, gotta agree with you on Johnson. You would think that he would be anxious to get back in the NFC East now that Parcells is the biggest story. I like Green also, but much rather have Jimmy Johnson or lure Marvin Lewis back to DC.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:14 am

Interesting three choices...

I voted for Green but all three have pros and cons. I have mentioned before as have others on here that I am fearful of Green's chance in D.C becuase he may demand too much power and Snyder may not allow that. Fassel is a good coach but may have alot of baggage after the season he had with Giants. I am not sure how he would fare but I think their are worse choices out there. Rhodes is the riskiest of the three but could be the most hungry and have the most to prove. To be honest, any of these three would be fine with me. As long as they stock their coaching staffs with that important experiense I think this team will benefit greatly and that is what we want.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football