Super Bowl Tickets

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Pursuer of Justice

Super Bowl Tickets

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:05 pm

My wife was asking me today how someone goes about buying tickets to the Super Bowl. You know what? I have absolutely no clue!! I know the site is set years in advance...but I doubt the tickets go on sale when the site is selected.

Honestly, I really have no clue how/where tickets to the Super Bowl are sold each year.

Does anyone have an information/insight they could offer on this?

:feedback;
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:12 pm

its nearly impossible. i don't know as a fact, but i heard that over 80% of the seats go to sponsers, media, celebs, corporations, etc, etc. very few are left to the fans because very rarely does a SB team play at home. like i said this is just rumor, i'm sure it gets twisted asround from person to person. BTW i also hear there are usually scalpers selling tickets for about $5000.00 a seat :shock: and some of those are fake. i'm sure if you were an upper class season ticket holder to any stadium hosting the SB you'd have some shot at seats too. but then again this is all speculation......
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:15 am

The internet has obviously prompted NUMEROUS ticket vendors anda few of them always advertise that they HAVE tickets... whether or not they do or not, I don't know.

Here's one that seems to sell them... check out the prices.

I'm in the wrong line of work :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:34 am

Actually the NFL has a lottery every year for fans but I forgot how many tickets they sell...other then that you have to pay $$$. It's really a shame... look at all the other major sports...they get to have it at their home if they make it that far!
Last edited by DEHog on Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:53 am

Actually... sports that use a one game FINAL scenario usually use a neutral site.

Other sports can have 'home field' because it is a series and as such, both teams get games in their own facility.

Football - 1 game final
Hockey - best of 7
Baseball - best of 7
Basketball - best of 7
Soccer - most championships are a home and away series with aggregate score being the decider

You just have to keep in mind that football is one of the only sports that has a ONE game final... and that's why they have a neutral site... to be as fair as possible to both teams.

The only thing that sucks about the Super Bowl format in my opinion, is the fact that so few teams get a shot at the game. If you're not a southern team or play in a dome... you don't get a SB. That's bogus. Huge markets that support their team are cheated because of that rule... Chicago, New York, and of course Washington. The league is inadvertently pushing teams to build domes rather than beautiful, traditional stadiums.

And that is a shame in my opinion.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:49 am

agreed...a damn shame....domes and plastic grass suck!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Around the League