Future Redskin Playing Tonight?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Junior Hog

Future Redskin Playing Tonight?

Postby Jake » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:16 pm

Since The Sopranos aren't on tv now, I will be watching Tommie Harris in the Sugar Bowl to see how good he really is. Lets hope for a great performance so that we have a new feature D-lineman we have needed for a while. Go Tommie! :celebrate: :rock: \:D/
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:18 pm

i too, will be scouting prospects.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:55 am

Tommie Harris was nonexistant, and never heard from... He was not just contolled, but dominated by the LSU front five...

I understand his job is to clog up the middle and disrupt plays, and not to be called out for getting lots of tackles, but LSU ran the ball right at him. The first play of the game was a 64 yard run right into Harris' gap, and he did nothing to get a hand on the back, as he was blown off the ball many times.

I understand taht he is one of the natios top tackles, and a premeire defensive lineman, but he did not impress me in the biggest game ofh is life, whith the hole nation watching...

Darn, WILL SMITH HERE WE COME...
GEEPZ

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:36 pm

I have changed my mind, I think with free agency, we will address our D-line needs so we will probably get Kevin Jones because White Shirt Vinny will probably go by the theory he went with last off-season when he said Coles was better than any receiver available in the draft. It will probably be the same with Jones.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:19 pm

I like the philosophy...I'd rather have a proven NFL quality player than take a risk on a good/great college player who may or may not make it in the NFL. Too bad we didn't use that philosophy on our coach hiring.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:19 pm

If we have Fassel, we might take Winslow. We all know that Fassel knows how to utilize a big, physical TE. As far as DT's go, we should go after Chad Lavalais in the 2nd or 3rd round. He's better and faster than Harris.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:31 pm

While it is great to just pick up FAs like we did last year... you do eventually have to draft some people so that you have young studs.

Draft picks (other than top 5 picks) make considerably less money than veterans, so it's good for the cap number too.

But I'm not gonna start making draft predictions for a bit yet. I will say that I think our needs in order are DE, DT, S, RB and TE. I'd really like to grab a DE and DT through free agency and then grab S Sean Taylor with the #5 pick and another DT with our #37 pick.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:04 pm

Tommie Harris was nonexistant, and never heard from... He was not just contolled, but dominated by the LSU front five...
while you can't judge a guy on one game, it seemed to me he got presure up the middle, but usually at the expense of the run.(a freshman gaining 150 on the ground? :hmm: )
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:15 pm

I think Vince Wilfork will be as good as Harris and will end up going considerably later in the draft, though I doubt he'll fall as far as #37.

I also agree that you can't base things on one game... presumably Harris got to be one of the best DTs in the country for a reason.

I want to also add to my previous post that I think #5 is a bit too high for Taylor, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Roy Williams has made me crave a great safety like nobody's business.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:15 pm

Yes please don't base things on one play. I saw Sean Taylor get run over by Greg Jones (nice RB ) the other night. That doesn't change my mind the he's the best safety in college. In collee you can go after or try to neutralize the best guy on the other team...in the pros there all the best guy from there college team
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:32 pm

If we have Fassel, we might take Winslow.

You know, I was just thinking this same thing. If the Skins trade down to lower picks in the 1st round, would Winslow be available? Hmmmm. Probably not.

If we can use him like Fassell used Shockey, that'd be pretty sha-weet!

Then again, I'd take Winslow only if we were able to address our DL needs in free agency.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Warmother

Postby Warmother » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:27 am

The Skin's should try and sign Adalius Thomas from Ravens as a DE. and draft Sean Taylor. Taylor is s freak of nature and could be an amazing pro.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:36 am

you know, when i compare taylor to guys in the league, i see him as an ed reed clone. both are miami guys, and there are lots of similarities........ but niether are on the same page as williams.
i think we need to trade up in the draft, to get maybe 2 first rounders, and not exactly chase players. take the best player available at need positions when we pick, plus there won't be as much of a contract $$$ to deal with for later round picks.
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:30 am

we will address our D-line needs so we will probably get Kevin Jones because White Shirt Vinny will probably go by the theory he went with last off-season when he said Coles was better than any receiver available in the draft. It will probably be the same with Jones.

I agree that we need a RB with the 5th pick...but it will be hard to pass on Kellen Winslow. :lol:

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:45 am

[quote="BossHog"]While it is great to just pick up FAs like we did last year... you do eventually have to draft some people so that you have young studs.

BossHog...we were lucky with the young FA's that we picked last year...they're in their prime and serve as an instant value to the team now. Coach George Allen was good at assembling seasoned veterans to play together...

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010