Redskins Draft Party

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Diesel

Redskins Draft Party

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:05 am

I know the Skins do this at the stadium. It there any interest in getting together for a official Hogs.net Draft Party. Might be a chance to discuss or lead to the discussion of the Hogs.net tailgate party at the stadium on Sundays??? With the Bosses permission of course.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:46 am

We can set something up, but I ain't driving from Canada to watch the draft man :-)

Scooter just finished his rating and setting top 10 rankings for all positions, so we'll be launching the draft section probably next week. Until then, I'm a little swamped.

Good idea though.

While we're on the topic of theHogs.net get togethers... I'll be making my way to camp again in 2004 as will a few of my georgraphically challenged brethren. We're gonna get a block of hotel rooms probably, but I'd be open to someone renting me a house for a month. Any wealthy, affluent people in the DC area here that have a house they could rent me and some of my brothers for a month? We promise we will leave the house to party :-)

:rock:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:01 am

I'm fortunate my Mother in law lives on the same street as Redskins Park...any chance they are changing camp this year??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:17 am

Well it's easy then... you can go stay with your out-laws so that you're close to practice, and I'll stay at your house.
:-)

How will your mother-in-law feel about us all meeting at her house for brekkie every morning before practice? It might be a good chance to get back at her... she is an in-law after all.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:23 am

Yea right??? My House is in Delaware!! I have family all over D.C/MD/VA No houses for rent though...sorry

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:30 am

Oh right.... you're in Delaware.

I guess we're all staying at the in-laws.

ROTFALMAO

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:00 pm

I wonder if they would mind a tent city outside their house and several dozen trooping in to take showers in the morning ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:08 pm

I wonder if they would mind a tent city outside their house and several dozen trooping in to take showers in the morning ::grin::
bahhhhh, after seeing bosshog's pics, and hearing the stories, i hope that training camp will be my "yearly"(or bi-yearly) vacation. i'm gonna get the biggest room i can afford for one week. anyone who needs a place to crash is welcome to the floor.....bring your own sleeping bag. we shall -drinking till we pass out. really looking foward to meeting some of you guys. :up:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:08 pm

Sweet brother... that sounds right up my alley.

I think next year's camp is gonna be phenomenal for us, and I think theHogs.net is gonna show up with a crew!!!!

I'm with you HS... really looking forward to some of you guys that I've got to know a little this season. I think that alone made it worth adding the message board.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:26 pm

Boss-wait til the get a load of the ole assless chaps.

The way this season's d-line looked, I am doing down there looking for work, bro.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:21 am

Wingman - the way the Dline looked there should be a lot of people who are looking for Dline positions salivating :)

I just wanna make sure we have stuff set in stone as far as being there so I can make definite plans. I think I missed y'all by a week last time, so I want to make sure to get there this time.

Yo 666... that is what my wife and I do - vacation wise that is. We had a blast last year but would definitely rather have had the more vocal Hogs.Net brethren around us. Maybe if 20-30 of us get up behind the reporters (if the Skins don't see the obvious logic in giving us press passes) and scream for them to sit down they will :)
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:20 am

as soon as we hear some dates and location on training camp, let's set up a time frame. would probably be best to go around the time of fan appreciation day.....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:38 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote: We had a blast last year but would definitely rather have had the more vocal Hogs.Net brethren around us. Maybe if 20-30 of us get up behind the reporters (if the Skins don't see the obvious logic in giving us press passes) and scream for them to sit down they will :)

What an image. That would definitely be cool.

I'm going to just add that I'm hoping Ken harvey does his Football Fan Classic again this year... and if he does, I'll be going whenever that is. (last year it was 2 days before Camp started). I will probably stay two or three weeks, and that would ideally be Ken's event, and the first two weeks of camp. Fan Appreciation Day is usually on the first Saturday of Camp (so about a week in).

I hope if Ken does it again that he can find a way to get Gibbs there. I have been fortunate enough to not get too tongue tied yet in all of my conversations and interviews, but I don't even know where I'd start with Joe. I guess it wouldn't be prudent to genuflect and kiss his toes?

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:25 pm

Boss, while I certainly understand where you are coming from, I don't know that any of us that want to should do that - we might scare the hell outta him ::grin::

I agree to the fan app. day sentiment, but I know I probably won't be able to do two - three weeks. Most likely a week - after all I am not a self made dot com hundredare like yourself ::wink::

Seriously, I am there my brethren and sistren... ok so I made that up, but who cares.... and I look forward to seeing our man Gibbs back on the sidelines.

You have to wonder, though.... back to Carlisle? Those people are bound to be getting irked by now ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010