REDSKINS OFFENSE LACK OF BALANCE PLAYCALLING PREDICTABLE!!!!

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
|||

REDSKINS OFFENSE LACK OF BALANCE PLAYCALLING PREDICTABLE!!!!

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:16 am

I AM NOT A NOOBIE HAVE BEEN EATING BREATHING SLEEPING DREAMING OF FOOTBALL ALL MY LIFE LOVE THE SKINS PERIOD.RIGHT NOW OBVIOUSLY THE SKINS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS OFFENSIVELY. I JUST WANT TO TOUCH ON THE PLAYCALLING RIGHT NOW THERE IS A LACK OF BALANCE ON OFFENSE RIGHT NOW THE PLAYCALLING LOOKS LIKE THIS FIRST DOWN RUN SECOND DOWN RUN . THIRD DOWN IF ITS LONG PASS FOURTH DOWN WE HAVE TO PUNT . SERIOUSLY THIS IS NOT DIFFUCULT FOR ANY DEFENSE TO DEFEND EVEN A POP WARNER DEFENSE COULD DEFEND THAT . WELL MAYBE NOT BUT ITS STIL TO PREDICTABLE. RIGHT NOW CLINTON PORTIS IS LEADING THE NFC IN RUSHING AND HE IS SECOND IN THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING. SO NO LACK OF PRODUCTION THERE.OBVIOUSLY WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY PRODUCTION OUT OF OUR QB AND RECEIVERS.BUT MAINLY WHEN WE DO THROW ITS IN A THIRD AND LONG POSITION WHEN THE DEFENSE IS IN A NICKEL OR DIME DEFENSE WHICH IS DIFFICULT FOR ANY RECEIVER OR OFFENSE TO PASS ON. NOW ANY GOOD FOOTBALL STATEGIST KNOWS EXPLOIT THE OPPOSING TEAMS WEAKNESSES UTILIZE OUR STRENGTHS.FOOTBALL THESE DAYS IS MORE OF A CHESSMATCH.WE GOT TO PASS MORE ON FIRST DOWNS AND SECOND. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE OUR QB WALK UP TO THE LINE RECOGNIZE THE DEFENSE THEN CALL A PLAY ACCORDINGLY. LIKE PAYTON MANNING DOES IN INDIE. VERY IMPORTANT WE GOT TO THROW ALOT MORE ON FIRST DOWNS AND SECOND WHEN THE DEFENSE IS EXPECTING THE RUN. I THINK COOLEY IS A NICE OPTION OR PORTIS IN THE FLATS . ALOT MORE PLAYACTION WILL MIX THINGS UP AND KEEP THE DEFENSE ON THERE TOES. GARDNER AND COLES ARE GOOD RECEIVERS JUST NEED TO USE THEM ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWNS MORE OFTEN ON QUICK SLANTS. TO ME FOOTBALL IS SIMPLE PEOPLE TRY TO COMPLICATE IT BUT THE WINNING PRINCIPLES WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE SAME.YOU HAVE DEFENSES SUITED FOR THE RUN OTHER PACKAGES FOR THE PASS YOU HAVE BLITZING SCHEMES THE D TRYS TO DISGUISE IT BUT ONCE THE BALL IS HIKED THE QB SHOULD SEE THE COVERAGES AND HIT THE OPEN MAN.IF THEY STACK THE BOX WITH EIGHT PASS THE BALL . IF YOU SEE THAT THERES A LACK OF DEFENDERS ON ONE SIDE HIT A RUN THAT WAY ITS SIMPLE. I JUST HAVE BEEN WATCHING REDSKINS FOR YEARS AND THESE COUPLE OF YEARS HAVE BEEN PAINFULL.OUR DEFENSE IS TREMENDOUS AND THESE TURNOVERS ARE KILLING ME.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:41 pm

:shock:

Do two things for us.

1. Re-type that in lowercase.
2. Prove to us that you aren't a noobie by using correct english.

Also, most of the guys here are season veterans. Noobie is a young kids term for the most part. By using that term you basically have told on yourself.

Welcome to the boards!!! :twisted:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:13 pm

I agree on the posting in all caps. No one wants to read it. Please edit.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Re: REDSKINS OFFENSE LACK OF BALANCE PLAYCALLING PREDICTABLE

Postby redskincity » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:25 pm

Here you go!

HEROHAMO wrote:I am not a noobie have been eating breathing sleeping dreaming of football all my life love the skins period. Right now obviously the skins are having problems offensively. I just want to touch on the play calling right now there is a lack of balance on offense right now the play calling looks like this first down run second down run. Third down if its long pass fourth down us has to punt. Seriously this is not difficult for any defense to defend even a pop Warner defense could defend that. Well maybe not but its still to predictable. Right now Clinton portis is leading the NFC in rushing and he is second in the league in rushing. So no lack of production there. Obviously we are not getting any production out of our qb and receivers. But mainly when we do throw it’s in a third and long position when the defense is in a nickel or dime defense which is difficult for any receiver or offense to pass on. Now any good football strategist knows exploit the opposing teams weaknesses utilize our strengths. Football these days is more of a chessmatch.we got to pass more on first downs and second. I would like to see our qb walk up to the line recognize the defense then call a play accordingly. Like Payton manning does in indie. Very important we got to throw a lot more on first downs and second when the defense is expecting the run. I think Cooley is a nice option or portis in the flats. A lot more play action will mix things up and keep the defense on there toes. Gardner and Coles are good receivers just need to use them on first and second downs more often on quick slants. To me football is simple people try to complicate it but the winning principles will always remain the same. you have defenses suited for the run other packages for the pass you have blitzing schemes the d tryst to disguise it but once the ball is hiked the qb should see the coverage’s and hit the open man. If they stack the box with eight pass the ball. If you see that there’s a lack of defenders on one side hit a run that way it’s simple. I just have been watching redskins for years and these couple of years has been painfull. Our defense is tremendous and these turnovers are killing me.

Here you go!
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

|||

"ok ok enough with the caps"

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey what up luva luva I see your a fellow redskin so I will ablidge you in your request.But proper grammer has never been a benchmark for football players . Can you imagine lets say Coach Ditka handing out the playbook and the players saying "Hey coach this is all in caps."Of course not proper grammar has no relevance if you get the message across. What is this an english class or football forum. I see whats going on on the feild and im just pointing out what I see.Ok im sorry about the caps REDSKINS NATION I just like the way it looks. But anyways If you feel the Redskins can improve then stay with me for a few. :lol: Obviously our offense is having problems in the scoring department.Who is at the helm Mark brunell im about ready to throw this guy under the bus. Brunell has two fumbles leading to touchdowns for the opposing teams. Yikes Jimmany Christmas!!!!!!!!!! I am just hungry for Redskins Glory maybe not a patient guy but heres what I see . We can improve on the playcalling particularly on first downs and second how about some playaction on first down . Mix it up a bit please. Right now Portis is leading the NFC in rushing and second in the league. Also I think Ramsey would contribute more to our team . His Big Arm enables him to make throws Brunell and Hassellback can only watch in envy. Man I promise you Redskins nation we have the tools . I know Mighty Joe Gibbs will right the ship.Hail to the redskins hail victory . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:41 pm

Wow, now that I can read your post I must admit that I agree with some of your points.

I agree that Brunell needs to be benched. I wouldn't throw him under the bus, I'd just lock him in the storage bin during game time.

Ramsey can make the throws, but most of the time they aren't smart throws, but he'll get it together I hope.

Tim is smart, he's a good backup, I think his arm is a bit weak. Im not knocking him though, I like him a lot.

I'm not going to question the play calling, I think Gibbs is trying to see if its him thats wrong before pulling Bruhell.

I think it'll come together.

Again, welcome to the boards and keep the caps lock off. :twisted:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:09 am

Welcome Hero.....just some constructive critisism on the CAPS. It makes posts hard to read.

Regardless, glad you're here....enjoy the board and be sure and check out all the main site has to offer.

HTTR
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby SkinsLaVar » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:02 pm

Let's get Ramsey in there
1.5.2. Happy Passover! :)

Return to Football 101