"AT LAST THE REDSOX SLAY THE DRAGON"

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:55 pm

Steve Spurrier III wrote:
ANT7088 wrote:1 year isn't choking!

You live in a dream world. One year may not be choking, but four games most definetly is.

RSN

So by what your saying the Yankees are the better team, but they lost because they choked???? OK, if that makes you feel better! Always gotta be an excuse or some other BS with you!

I must be dreaming, the Yankees are the best francise in the history of ALL sports (that's not only my opinion, it's a fact), 26 WS championships, 39 AL Pennants, in the playoffs & DOMINATED the Red Sox every year since 1996! I must be "dreaming"......O no, wait, it's TRUE! Enjoy this year because as history has shown, the Sox should get to the WS again in 2022!
AnTsSkInZ

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:02 pm

No, no. The "Curse" lives until the Red Sox win it all. That's how it is; the Curse was never "The Red Sox can't beat the Yankees". The Curse is, the Red Sox have not won a World Series since selling Babe Ruth to the Yanks.
Anyway...the Dargon was not slain.
The Dragon burned itself alive. It was a clear suicide.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

swine

Postby jDub » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:06 pm

ANT7088 wrote:

You live in a dream world. One year may not be choking, but four games most definetly is.

RSN

So by what your saying the Yankees are the better team, but they lost because they choked???? OK, if that makes you feel better! Always gotta be an excuse or some other BS with you!

I must be dreaming, the Yankees are the best francise in the history of ALL sports (that's not only my opinion, it's a fact), 26 WS championships, 39 AL Pennants, in the playoffs & DOMINATED the Red Sox every year since 1996! I must be "dreaming"......O no, wait, it's TRUE! Enjoy this year because as history has shown, the Sox should get to the WS again in 2022!

damn straight my friend. you would think that the law of averages would dictate that the 'sox would win at least one world series since 1918. instead, they've choked, what was it, 4 times since then. right '46, '67, '75, and '86.

two names: bucky dent and bill buckner.

i say let the bosux fans enjoy this. they're going to lose to the cards anyways.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:15 am

Hey no one is knocking the Yankees.Im not exactly a sox fan but I am a fan of heroics.And you cant tell me that wasnt down right amazing what the Sox did.The greatest comeback in all of sports.To get down 3-0 then come back and win it.No team in history has ever done that except in hockey I repeat no team has ever ever ever ever come back from 3-0 deficit.Not a Yankee hater they got twenty six championships come on now they cant hog all the championships lol.It was just great to see some history unfold before my very own eyes absolutely amazing.THe yankees lose the yannkeeees lose.lol jk
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:06 am

The only reason you could consider this a choke is because of the 3-0 to 4-3 aspect. It has nothing to do with who is better, it has to do with having an insurmountable lead and then blowing it. Tiger Woods was better than Phil Mickelson, but it was still a choke when he blew a lead late in a major.

As far as the curse, it is more than beating the Yankees, but it is also more than winning the World Series too. I think it has to be both to say the curse is gone.

Just an O's fan's perspective.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:09 am

ANT7088 wrote:So by what your saying the Yankees are the better team, but they lost because they choked???? OK, if that makes you feel better! Always gotta be an excuse or some other BS with you!

So you admit then!!! The Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!

I must say that I agree with you. The Yankees didn't choke they just sucked!!! :D

This is truly amazing. I never in my life thought I would hear a Yankee fan saying his team sucks after losing to my team.
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:29 am

jDub wrote:
ANT7088 wrote:

RSN

damn straight my friend. you would think that the law of averages would dictate that the 'sox would win at least one world series since 1918. instead, they've choked, what was it, 4 times since then. right '46, '67, '75, and '86.

two names: bucky dent and bill buckner.

i say let the bosux fans enjoy this. they're going to lose to the cards anyways.

what a great sport you are. a little bitter, are we?
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:41 am

Redskins Rule wrote:
ANT7088 wrote:So by what your saying the Yankees are the better team, but they lost because they choked???? OK, if that makes you feel better! Always gotta be an excuse or some other BS with you!

So you admit then!!! The Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!

I must say that I agree with you. The Yankees didn't choke they just sucked!!! :D

This is truly amazing. I never in my life thought I would hear a Yankee fan saying his team sucks after losing to my team.

How'd you get that from what I said??????? Why don't you re-read that and show me where I said the Yankees suck????? At least some of the Red Sox fans I talk to here have a Brain!
AnTsSkInZ

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:46 am

Chill out brothers or move it to Smack.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:53 am

I don't need anything to feel better. My team's in the World Series.

Look, all I'm saying, is that if blowing a 3-0 lead isn't a choke, then what is?

But whatever, you can sit and look at all your past trophies, if that makes you feel better. Talk about same old BS...
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:38 pm

I don't need anything to feel better. My team's in the World Series.

Look, all I'm saying, is that if blowing a 3-0 lead isn't a choke, then what is?

But whatever, you can sit and look at all your past trophies, if that makes you feel better. Talk about same old BS...

Yes I can, because we have all the trophy's, You'll NEVER know how that feels! Our 1st 3 pitchers pitched great, the Red Sox last 4 did great and good enough to beat us. We lost, we didn't choke! See you in 2022!
AnTsSkInZ

Hog

Postby TheMagicThree » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:09 pm

I think this is the magical year for the Sox. 1918 was the last time they won a World Series. It's been 18 years since they went to their last one in 1986, and now after 86 years, I think it's time.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:45 am

TheMagicThree wrote:I think this is the magical year for the Sox. 1918 was the last time they won a World Series. It's been 18 years since they went to their last one in 1986, and now after 86 years, I think it's time.

I love this. I'm gonna mess with it a little.

Yeah, and we beat y'all 19 to 8.
Oy, is there a number missing to make it 1918 ?
Okay. We "1". :D

The numbers thing is a little silly, especially now to a Yankee fan. :(
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:58 pm

ANT7088 wrote:we didn't choke!

Let's see.

After being up 3-0 in a best of seven series, the Yankees proceeded to lose four straight games. In those games:

They had the lead in the eighth or ninth inning in games 3 and 4.

They played the last two games in Yankee Stadium.

They lost two starts in which Derek Lowe was the opposing pitcher.

They lost to their favorite son and a guy who could barely walk.

They lost games in 12 and 14 innings, the first of which they stranded 20 runners.

They failed to score more than four runs in the last four games, despite leading the league in home runs.

They had the highest payroll in league history and led the American League in wins.

Keep telling yourself that. If you don't consider this a choke, I'd like to hear what you think does qualify as one...
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:25 pm

Let's see.

After being up 3-0 in a best of seven series, the Yankees proceeded to lose four straight games. In those games:

They had the lead in the eighth or ninth inning in games 3 and 4.

They played the last two games in Yankee Stadium.

They lost two starts in which Derek Lowe was the opposing pitcher.

They lost to their favorite son and a guy who could barely walk.

They lost games in 12 and 14 innings, the first of which they stranded 20 runners.

They failed to score more than four runs in the last four games, despite leading the league in home runs.

They had the highest payroll in league history and led the American League in wins.

Keep telling yourself that. If you don't consider this a choke, I'd like to hear what you think does qualify as one...

Listen that obviously makes YOU feel better, even your own Red Sox fans disagree with you. When you make it to the playoffs 8 years straight it isn't "choking" when you lose. You can dwell on that as long as you want, every person (Sox Fan or not) with a brain knows the truth. YOU obviously don't know what "choke" means! "Choke" is when you're 1 out away from winning the WS and you let a routine ground ball go through your legs! Not losing 4 games straight to a good team. Once again YOU'RE saying that the Yankess are the better team, but we lost because we "choked".

Now let put your response for you......

The Yankees "choked"....(daaaaaaaa) and you said the Yankees suck........(daaaaa)......I never thought I would hear a Yankee fan say his team actually sucked (daaaaaa)....... The Yankees "choked" (daaaaaaa)

With a name like SSIII, I can see why you're 1 dimensional & can't hold an adult conversation!
AnTsSkInZ

Return to The Lounge