Linebacker possibility.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Linebacker possibility.

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:00 pm

I was thinking that if we hire Rhodes and Trotter will get sent packing, maybe Rhodes would bring in Randall Godfrey. That would be a great signing but the downside to that is that Kevin Mitchell will probably be let go. It probably won't happen, though.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:43 pm

Trotter has way to high a cap number to be let go... besides, we need to find someone who can return him to pro bowl form... not get rid of him.

He needs to blitz... not sit back and react. We've been using him completely wrong and I don't think his decline is indicative of Trotter, as much as it is bad schemes and game planning.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:45 pm

I love it when you sing my song Bossmeister :)

What have I been screaming all year? ::Grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:28 pm

Yep...Trooter may be the best tackler on the team..when he's in the right place, he has mileage left, Keep him
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:06 pm

The problem with bringing Rhodes on board is that he doesnt seem to like to blitz. We have to blitz to take the pressure off the secondary and to compensate for the lack of a pass rush up front.

We have to add a pass rusher and at least one wide body to our D-line to keep the linebackers freed up.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

---------

Postby redskins56 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:45 pm

COME ON JAKE, ARE YOU SERIOUS...

Why would you even consider relasing Jeremiah Trotter, who battled back and forth with Lavar Arrington for the team sack lead all season, coming off of a herendous knee injury, in a system that doesn't fit his style...

Boss Hog hit it on the head... Lots of times you guys are way too quick to mention peoples names on their way out the door, instead of figuring that maybe they weren't given the best opportunity to do well.

You were probably calling for the departure of Brad Johnson after 2000 weren't you... Or for Charlie Casserly to do away with Trent Green, and bring in Steve Buerline going into 2000... Let's let our top players get a chance to be great before we ship them away for a player that shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath

---------

AMMENDMENT

Postby redskins56 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:46 pm

AMMENDMENT.... PLEASE FORGIVE ME...

Like our defense did a thousand times this year, I made a mistake... I meant to say tackle lead... not sack lead...

sorry,
Geepz

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football