Excellent Quote

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:49 pm

[quote="BossHog]
No what I am saying is that even if the stadium is full, it will be full of people who are new to the team, not the loyal fans that have been supporting their team for decades. I am saying that you hate that the stadium is full of the opposition's fans and I would put to you that the loyal faithful aren't the ones selling their tickets... it's the new fan base that doesn't have the tradition of the franchise at heart. It's a little harder to sell your tickets to a Cowboys fan when you have a clue about the rivalry... newbies won't care, they just want to recoup their costs.[/quote]

Now that is the most logical thing I heard yet (that why we pay you so much) I truly think you hit the nail on the head. I brought tickets off the market in 97 the first year in FedEx and I rember a lot of people say they didn't like it. The stadium, parking etc. I believe we lost alot of true fans from RFK. Now what can be done?? How can we have fans like the Cubs,Packers,Red Wings, Chiefs. I don't ever see DS endearing himself to the fans, plus he's made such a bad first impression not sure if the fans would accept it. I know one thing to have any chance he'll have to do it while he has a full stadium. Plus he's so young we may never see another owner
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:06 pm

DEHog wrote:Now that is the most logical thing I heard yet (that why we pay you so much)

Well if I'm getting paid at all I don't know what bank account it's going to :-)

I get paid in self gratification... but sometimes it's hard to buy food with gratification.

I truly think you hit the nail on the head. I brought tickets off the market in 97 the first year in FedEx and I rember a lot of people say they didn't like it. The stadium, parking etc. I believe we lost alot of true fans from RFK. Now what can be done?? How can we have fans like the Cubs,Packers,Red Wings, Chiefs. I don't ever see DS endearing himself to the fans, plus he's made such a bad first impression not sure if the fans would accept it.

Yes we did lose a lot of people when we made the move to Fed Ex, no doubt about that. The Red Wings have an owner that would buy Michigan if he thought it would help them win a cup... that's why their fans are like they are. (right Wingman?) The Packers fans own the team, so that's a whole different story.

What can we do about it? Well since having NOBODY show up for a game at Fed Ex is never going to happen, there's not a lot we can do. We as individuals certainly can't hurt DS financially, nor can we really as a whole... there are hundreds of thousands of Redskins fans out there. I think that is why I try to stress to people to always remember how much you LOVE THE FRANCHISE and that it is not only OK, it is your right to not follow blindly. If you don't like something, you can say so. Our only recourse is to want to be heard... to want to voice our displeasure with what is happening to our franchise. i could add a lot more, but I think if you read Les' Cheap Seats tomorrow, you'll know how I feel about the state of the team right now.... because he summed it all up for me. And if you will all recall... there are things about DS and SOS that me and the big guy don't agree about. But you'll never find two guys that love the Redskins more than we do, and it is imperative that we all remember how much we love Washington football and not let ANYTHING ever deprive you of that. And then i think you just have to believe in the fact that with so many good fans... who deserve better, somehow, somewhere, some time... things will get better.

I know one thing to have any chance he'll have to do it while he has a full stadium.

Totally agree there... once it's too late... it's just too late.

Plus he's so young we may never see another owner

Ain't that the truth. That's why I HOPE that he learns from his mistakes or I (we) are doomed to suffer through many more bad football seasons.

Now if Snyder really loves this team... shouldn't he eventually reach these same conclusions? Personally, I can't believe Sonny J. just sits there beside him all off the time... I would have thought that was one guy who knew what this storied franchise is/was and should be about. Hey Sonny... give DS a kick in the ass will ya.. and tell him we know how brilliant he is already, he doesn't need to try and prove he's a football GM too. He can show us he's more brilliant by stepping aside and sticking to what he knows best... marketing, schmoozing and spending money on the Redskins. Leave the talent evaluation to someone who knows something about football.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:59 pm

BossHog wrote:I agree that Snyder is still new at this ... but so what? Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. This offseason will teach us a lot about what The Danny has learned ... if anything.

=D>

Well said, Mark.

Snyder should be able to tell how successful organizations do things and that his should be run in a similar manner.

The owner needs to be NFL-ized as well.

Being successful HIS WAY is clearly more important than just being successful.

I wonder if he helps his driver with the maintenance of the limo. Somehow, i don't see Danny changing his own oil.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:22 pm

I wonder if he helps his driver with the maintenance of the limo. Somehow, i don't see Danny changing his own oil.
Deeep ca-ca........good analogy freak :lowblow: i agree.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:50 pm

Hey RF, just wanted to say Hi, haven't seen you for a bit.

Hope all is well and you had a good holiday season.

Very well put.

RedskinsFreek

Postby RedskinsFreek » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:13 pm

BossHog wrote:Hey RF, just wanted to say Hi, haven't seen you for a bit.

Hope all is well and you had a good holiday season.

I did. Hope the same for you up dere. Got a little down in the dumps over this team and didn't feel like talking about it.

Very well put.

Why thank you.

Just you WAIT until you hear what our guys have come up with ..... I'll post it here before it even hits the Web.

This one's gooooood -- but then again, good is relative.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:17 pm

Oh what a tease.

I look forward to it.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Boss- What's up with the Red Wings jab, bro?

Just wanted to echo my sentiments as well and say that your are dead on with your take. For the sake of moving on to the real important things I now digress.

I am so ready for the offseason to take flight.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:44 pm

no jab buddy.... totally serious. Why wouldn't fans cotinue to suport their team? Illich will do ANYTHING to put a winner in Detroit. He has his quirks, but there's a guy who USES a lot of his money on the team and just steps aside.

Of course it helps having pretty much unlimited money :-)

You know that I reserve my Red Wings slams to Curtis Boo Hoo Joseph content only.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:54 pm

Your jealously is amusing. Just remember that I will always have a seat waiting for you on the Hockeytown USA Bandwagon. We are always willing to accept you rye drinking, delusional Canadians. You know, in case a fight breaks out.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football