gibbs will be named team president as well

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

gibbs will be named team president as well

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:02 pm

just reported on ESPNEWS. joe has final say in roster moves, draft, and free agency. looks like danny finally figured it out.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:05 pm

I guess the question now is how long has Snyder been planning this move? He's one hell of a negotiator. Was probably working the deal even when SOS was roaming the sidelines looking befuddled. I guess things aren't always how they appear...THANK GOD...!!!

---------

Postby redskins56 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:46 pm

SNYDER GETS A 1 MONTH WINDOW WITH NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS FROM ME

-GEEPZ

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:55 pm

good idea, he's now on a merit/demerit system... :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:15 pm

SNYDER GETS A 1 MONTH WINDOW WITH NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS FROM ME

Are you kidding me?!?!?

I am seriously considering giving him a full year waiver!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Guys... why give him a time frame....

He finally conceded, as HS said, he figured it out and now there is nothing to stop him from becoming a great owner... a really great owner.

After all.... he just pulled off as big a coup as you can.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:19 pm

Come on Guys, I always gave him alot of credit, he only did what he could do to win, nobody game him any credit but a few of us, I personally love the guy, he did whatever it took to win, if Spurrier would have worked out, you would have loved him, I have always stuck beside the man, now that he landed the god of football, come back and eat your crow for calling him out, he deserves that much for the naysayers, I know I would.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:37 pm

Joey T really put it out there for Snyder today, as I am sure most of you heard. He talked about how it was mostly misconceptions and that he wasn't as bad as people thought. Considering he walks into the building at will, I would suppose he might have more of an inside track.

I just like that DS moved in a class way to save the franchise he loves so much. Yes, he wants to make money, but I still say he is one of us with a heckuva lot of money. He did what a lot of us would have done with a love of the team and no football experience. Of course, several of us on here would have already had us as division champs and heading for our second straight Superbowl... but you can't blame the guy for trying. ::grin:: Right Scooter, Wingman, Boss? :) Whatta staff we could assemble right offa this staff :)
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:00 am

I have ALWAYS said that the man has some incredible abilities... but being a football GM wasn't one of them. His marketing prowess is unquestionable, his ability to schmooze people is unparallelled.

DS has all the right qualities, and he has now made the most intelligent decision that he has ever made for this organization... he is turning the operation over to the best coach the city of Washington has ever seen -- arguably that football has ever seen. And more importantly, he has granted him carte blanche.

And in true Snyderesque fasshion... he did it in the most grandiose of ways. This can't have happened overnight... all of the other interviews had to pretty much just be a plan 'B' if something fell through with Plan 'A'. And more impressively... nobody knew. We live in the age of technology, you can get 1,000,000 times the information you could a decade ago and you get it nearly instantaneously.

And nobody knew a thing.

And by doing it with such mastery, DS created pandemonium in the nation's capital.

Bet that season ticket waiting list grew a little today.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football