where were you when?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

where were you when?

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:26 pm

When huge things happen... people always ask where were you when this happened and what was your reaction?

So where were you when the Joe Gibbs announcement was made and what was your reaction?

:feedback;
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:28 pm

I was at my Dolphin friends house - her daughter had just gotten out of court and I was talking to my wife on the phone.

I whooped so loud I scared all of my friends cats and made her spill her coffee all over the kitchen table :)

Then I just looked at her and smiled really evilly and said "Gibbs"

Then promptly started laughing and pointed and said "Wanny for two more years" to which she hit me in the face with a damp paper towel :)
Rich in Roanoke

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:29 pm

I was walking back to my office from Court when someone said, "Hey dude, you must be happy! Skins just agreed to terms with Gibbs!"

I though the guy was B.S.ing me...so I immediately got back to my office, looked at ESPN.com......and all of my dreams were fulfilled!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:30 pm

Was at work, going back and fourth from thehogs.net to the post and bam I saw. I immediately ran and told the boys fan I work with and send out a dozen email and started getting email from all over the world from my Air Force friends.. It was crazy.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:30 pm

hmmm... you have a tv in yer office? Sheesh - must be nice man ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm

Boxers, beer, and breakfast...sitting in front of the computer for my daily dose of THEHOGS.NET and BAM!!!! There it was right in front of my eyes. Couldn't open the links fast enough.

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:50 pm

I was at work and having an absolutely terrible day. :explode:

BossHogg called me to advise that the Redskins had hired their new coach. He was just a little pumped up -- I could tell!!! He asked me who I thought it might be. "Hmmm.... -- not too up on the availble NFL head coaches pool." :hmm: :-k

So, he reworded his question: "Who would I wish would coach the team?" "JOE GIBBS!!!!!!!!!!" :celebrate:

Yay for me -- I answered that one right! \:D/

Congrats to Coach Gibbs; Congrats to the Redskins; and Congrats to BossHog for a awesome and insightful Chat on the Washington Post site.

httr
tazlah
redskinsmiley

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:55 pm

i too missed out on the late nite tuesday rumors. got on line before is was gonna leave for work. read the news, did backflips, laughed, cried and screamed till i was hoarse... immediatly took the day off for a day long drinking binge...
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:03 pm

I was listening to Sports talk 980 while stuck on 495 and I could swear evryone heard about the news at the same cause people were being very courteous and that is very strange in this area ROTFALMAO
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Postby Hogheavenagain! » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:21 pm

This is funny but I often go to bed with my transistor radio under my pillow and then wake up in the middle of the night all of a sudden still listening to EPSN radio. Well it must have been between 3 and 4 in the morning when I woke up and heard them talking about what a huge coup it would be if in fact these serious negotiations were actually serious! At that point I couldn't go back to sleep!
Hail to the Redskins!

Postby Hogheavenagain! » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:24 pm

So I wake up and call my older brother who is responsible for turning me into a fanatic back when George Allen was coaching the "Over the Hill Gang"...and I say

Bro...it is back to the future! He had, of course, no idea what the hell I was talking about....*L* He does now!
Hail to the Redskins!

COZ

Postby COZ » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:38 pm

First off I live northwest of Baltimore in prime Raisin country so I have had some tough years being a 'Skins fan and season ticket holder AND my wife is a season ticket holder for the Raisins.

I was off on Wednesday (wife's Bday) kicking around the house when I heard it on the radio. Couldn't believe it so I went to the PC to check. My wife heard the loudest yell of joy.... She was then subjected to 10 hours of Hail to the Redskins - boy was she lucky.

At work today (Raisin Country) nobody could bother me - I was on cloud nine. I wish it were September.

Man it's good to be a Redskins fan!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:47 pm

10 hours of Hail to the Redskins - boy was she lucky

ROTFALMAO

I was online late enough Tuesday to get the rumors and I even went a step further to implore people to realize that this just could just be propoganda.

But only because what has happened is still unthinkable.

But it's happened.

And we're back.

And we're going to the Super Bowl. It might not be this year, but Saint Gibbs will not rest until we do.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:57 pm

i think thats the only goal he mentioned. it wasn't winning the division, beating dallas or philly, no personal battles....just a whole bunch of truth. he has one goal....SB. so soft spoken.....float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:00 pm

I just got back from school when I found out it was confirmed.

I first heard about Gibbs being in serious discussions with the team from my mom when she waoke me up at about 5:15 ET. In my halfway coherent/grumpy waking up mood, I promptly said "shut up, it ain't ever gonna happen". That is a way to wake up, "Joe Gibbs returning?" Then I went to school thinking about that ALL DAY. I told everybody that Gibbs is probably gonna come back. (You see, even though I live and go to school in Maryland, there aren't too many Skins fans anymore) My first period teacher is a Redskins fan. I walked in there and we said the same thing "Did you hear about Gibbs? he might come back!" (I caught her today wearing her Redskins sweater.)

While I was walking the fifteen minutes to my house, I was thinking "It's Done" I didnt know but i had that feeling. I went on the computer and "IT WAS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!"

I almost cried that night. My grandma called and was so excited. (Boss, you know her, lol) My grandma is a lifelong Redskin fan and saw Sammy Baugh play in person.

I may be 16, but when I was real little. I love the Super Bowl 22 and 26 programs I have and I watched the 1987 and 1991 video yearbooks I have. I always have been fond and know what he means to this franchise. I know all of you agree with me when I say "we don't think of Gibbs as a head coach, we think of him as God!" (or about as close as you can get.) Now I can look forward to a great season! HTTR
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football