Does anyone remember...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Does anyone remember...

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:45 am

... that sinking feeling when it was announced Spurrier was leaving... the painful thought of starting over again... the possibility that players like Arrington, Samuels or Bailey might just get fed up and never realize their incredible potential? Now, this euphoria... the overwhelming feeling of happiness and glee!! It's so unbelievable... this is the only place I can express these feelings too b/c my friends here in Boston don't understand... my girlfriend doesn't have a clue... I want to take off work, hug my father (who taught me to be a Redskins fan) and just talk Skins all day long over cold beers and tapes of old games!!

Sorry, I just had to let that out...

redskinsmiley

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:50 am

I tell you what I am interested in seeing is what Champ is wanting to do now...
Rich in Roanoke

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:52 am

I agree... but Gibbs' return could only help. I mean, he has to start over wherever he goes so he might as well just stay here and play under the tutelidge (sp?) of a genius! I'm sure Greg Williams will evaluate the Skins' staff and decide if Champ is worth keeping. Worst case, they franchise him and get picks for him.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:53 am

I tell you what I am interested in seeing is what Champ is wanting to do now...
I've already said it..... he'll be able to show his TRUE colors on this one. is it burgandy and gold, or it just plain yellow....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:01 am

I'm interested in seeing the effects of Gibbs and staff on some of our "allstar players." Players like Arrington, Samuels, Jansen, etc. show flashes of brilliance...but have worked under lackluster staff such as Norval, Sch*thammer, and I don't think Spurrier really coached anyone...just kinda let them "wing it." Now that they have professional mentors, the sky is the limit for them. I look for their gameplay to increase two-fold. Especially Jansen, Samuels, Dockery, and Thomas. Smash Mouth Football.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:05 am

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

I think that we will see a huge difference with the staff this year, and I think that people will finally see some professionalism that we haven't seen since 92.

I can't wait to see Williams using the LB we have in the appropriate fashion... I feel vindicated :)
Rich in Roanoke

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:06 am

I don't think you could be more right! I think there will be an unbelievable improvement from all of our players but it will be most evident in some of the bigger names. I wondered all season how an O-line bookended by two stars like Samuels and Jansen were giving up so many sacks. You have to got to think that was a lack of coaching or scheming or something but I don't think it was a lack of talent.

I've also always been in awe of the talent on our defense. Shore up that line a little and you'll see Lavar Arrington become the LT of the new millenium.

I have no idea how I'm going to make it until August!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:10 am

Valium? ::grin::

I just got so tired of watching the LB play five yards off the ball and not react until it was way too late, or watch them get frustrated with the system and attack at just the wrong time.

I know everyone on here got tired of me lambasting Edwards, but sometimes when you see the glaring error you have to scream.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:17 am

Try almost throwing your remote through the bigscreen. Not good, according to Mrs. Sarcastic Hog. But, all is well, now.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:21 am

... that sinking feeling when it was announced Spurrier was leaving...

Sorry, but when I heard Spurrier was leaving, I was dancing for joy. I had no sinking feeling at all!!

Yes, I was worried about who the next coach would be; however, my immediate feeling was one of tremendous happiness that the Spurrier era/experiment was finally over.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:25 am

I don't think Spurrier really coached anyone...just kinda let them "wing it." Now that they have professional mentors, the sky is the limit for them. I look for their gameplay to increase two-fold. Especially Jansen, Samuels, Dockery, and Thomas. Smash Mouth Football.

:lol: "Wing it"- perfect way to describe his style.

The namesake of this website could gain new meaning with the return of Bugel. Ramsey's either going to show off that big arm this year or find somewhere else to play, probably as a back-up. My feeling's that he'll do fine. I wonder who'll top the RB list? Staley?
Gibbs is God

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:52 am

Venting Hog wrote:
... that sinking feeling when it was announced Spurrier was leaving...

Sorry, but when I heard Spurrier was leaving, I was dancing for joy. I had no sinking feeling at all!!

Yes, I was worried about who the next coach would be; however, my immediate feeling was one of tremendous happiness that the Spurrier era/experiment was finally over.

It wasn't that I was going to miss Spurrier, it was that you can't build a football program without some continuity and nothing breaks continuity easier than constantly changing head coaches... and I would still be worried if Snyder had gotten just about anyone other than Gibbs or the Lord Jesus Christ himself (then again, Joe Gibbs might be the Lord Jesus Christ!)

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:02 pm

Jesus didn't win three Superbowls.
Gibbs is God

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 pm

Philly is an Armpit wrote:Jesus didn't win three Superbowls.

ROTFALMAO

Spurrier leaving was bitterseet for all the reasons stated... he stunk here, but starting over stinks too.

... unless your owner can schmooze the greatest coach of all time to come back.

... and welcome to the board psummersjr.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:10 pm

I've been looking for people to hug for 3 days now. My daughter who is a redskin piglet has been filling in admirably, but has yet to realize the significance of this man (I'm welling up again). This weekend we watch superbowl 22 and 26!!!!
it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football