Iggles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CowboyHater

Iggles

Postby kkryan » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:06 pm

Eagles fans sure are talking smack about St. Gibbs on their fan2fan site!! I hope the Pack blows them up.

Just wanted you younger guys to know that next season you are going to see something special. Unless you watched him coach you can't understand what this means to this organization!! I am worried about overpaying in fa and handcuffing ourselves with the salary cap
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:44 pm

I am only 16 but trust me, I KNOW what he means to the team. Just ask Boss, Taz, or SkinsChic. I grew up watching him on the 1987 and 1991 Washington Redskins video yearbooks and the Super Bowl XXII tape. As far as the salary cap goes, we have an "expert" to handle the cap and I think we will be smart in FA.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:38 pm

He is the reason I fell in Love with the Redskins, watched all 3 superbowls over and over again once I heard the news, I was like a kid before Christmas watching the interview the other night.

Skins History Buff

Re: Iggles

Postby welch » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:29 pm

[quote="kkryan"]Eagles fans sure are talking smack about St. Gibbs on their fan2fan site!! I hope the Pack blows them up.

I remember the "body=bag" game, during the season before the last SuperBowl win. That was the 2nd regular season meeting, in which the Eagles knocked several Redskins out of the games, including both QB's -- I think they got Stan Humphries twice -- and a rookie RB named Brian Mitchell (ex-college QB) ran the last series.

Some Eagles players called out "Y'all need some more body-bags?" That was "Buddy-ball", after the Eagles coach, Buddy Ryan.

In the opening playoff game, Petibon cooked up one of his all-time brain-twister defenses, and they pounded, pummelled, bamboozled, blitzed, and destroyed the Eagles offense. It might have been a shut-out until the last few minutes. On offense, Rypien and Byner and the offensive line smashed the life out of the Eagles defense.

So...when the Eagles talk, I always remember the body-bags.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:02 pm

Eagle fans never talk about that playoff game when they go on and on about the body bag game. and they were in the same season. I'll be at the game tomorow giving negative energy along with concrete charlie (chuck bednarik is very bitter with the eagle organization and has wished a 60-0 drubbing on his old team. We'll show them how to welcome your heros come September.)
it is what it is

mezz from brooklyn.

Postby mezz from brooklyn. » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:09 pm

GREAT WEBSITE!...LET THE EAGLES TALK ALL THE SMACK THEY WANT.THEY ARE 1 LOSE AWAY FROM BEING CLASS "A" CHOKERS....AND IF THEY DONT GO TO THE SB..THEY WILL BE SO WITHDRAWN NEXT YEAR IT MIGHT BE ONE LESS WE WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT....IM SO GIDDY ABOUT GIBBS ..I CANT STOP SKIPPING AROUND MY HOUSE.ALL HAIL OUR SAVIOUR JOE GIBBS!!!

piggie

Postby noshirtforyou » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:37 pm

I live less than 30 mins from philly..man is it crazy over here in eagle country

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:42 pm

noshirtforyou wrote:I live less than 30 mins from philly..man is it crazy over here in eagle country

Dude we are neighbors!!!
it is what it is

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:22 pm

Eagles fans sure are talking smack about St. Gibbs on their fan2fan site!! I hope the Pack blows them up.

Again, I'm one of those people that hate Eagle fans more than the Eagles!!!

After the Packers kick some birdy buttocks tomorrow, won't you all join me and yell at your nearest Eagles fans friends:

" L - O - S - E - R - S ......Losers!!!!!! "

That should shut em up for another long year away from the Super Bowl!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:45 pm

Down in Big D they really hate Philly but I must confess that I don't hate them like I should. I pulled for the Polish Cannon, Big Harold Carmicheal, Herm Edwards too name a few before I got introduced to Riggo and the hogs. I started watching the skins in about 1981 and the rest is history. I dont know why I love them so, maybe its the colors, logo, band, or tradition!! I am sure if I lived on the East coast I would despise the Iggles!! But being here in Dallass I must deal with cowpuke fans so my hatred for the Eagles is not as great even though their fans are the most pathetic vermin on earth next to raider fans!!!

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:51 pm

HitDoctor wrote:Eagle fans never talk about that playoff game when they go on and on about the body bag game. and they were in the same season. I'll be at the game tomorow giving negative energy along with concrete charlie (chuck bednarik is very bitter with the eagle organization and has wished a 60-0 drubbing on his old team. We'll show them how to welcome your heros come September.)

Dan Daly tells a great story from that game. After the game, he was in the elevator going down from the press box to the locker room. He just happened to be in there at the same time as the Eagles' owner and one of his associates. Daly says at that very time, the owner told the other guy that Ryan was gonna get canned.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

---------

Postby redskins56 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:53 am

I am only 15 years old, and I know darn well what he meant to this organization. I know that he came in 1981, overcame an 0-5 start, and went on to finish 8-8. I know that he won a Super Bowl the next season, won three with three different QB's (Theisman, Williams, Rypien), and only lost one.

As a young kid growing up, my earliest Skins memories are of Richie Petibone's 3-13 disaster of season. However, every coach brought in is asked to restore the glory days established by Gibbs in his first tour of duty. His 12 year tenure was miraculous, and I know that because of ESPN Classic, tapes (both Beta and VHS) amd Redskins season in reviews or NFL yearbooks (like my buddy Jake) from the seasons he coached.

Because we weren't there doesnt mean we weren't previed to the fruitful success he brought. Don't cut us out as die hard Redskins fans because our parents didn't conceive us in time to see Gibbs' Glory years.

The fact is Jake, myself, and tons of other Skins fans round the globe that weren't old enough to watch Gibbs rome the sidlines know exactly who he is. Don't shortchange us, we have done our homework. We have studied for the test that is Gibbs' run with the Redskins. And we have aced that test.

-Geepz

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:52 am

I wasnt cutting anyone out as fans because if all you have witnessed personally this last eleven years you sure qualify. I was merely stating watching this team in the eighties was something very special, it wasnt just gibbs, it was his chess matches with Landry and Parcells week in and week out not to mention the NFC East playoff battles and who can leave out the 49ers they were great too. You cant get the atmosphere from a tape, the only reason I made the statement was the fact that I personally took him for granted---Gibbs retired my senior year in high school. They won all the time and I assumed it would continue. I was pretty wrong about that. I guarantee that I wont take his stay for granted this time.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:21 am

2 words.....
CHOKE
ARTIST
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:22 am

:D Hell yeah :up:
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football