AFC/NFC Championship Predictions

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Pursuer of Justice

AFC/NFC Championship Predictions

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:40 pm

Okay, fresh off of the frustrating Packers loss to the Eagles, I'll give my My 2 cents about next week's games. Here it is:

Indianapolis at New England

This should prove to be a great, close game. The Colts' offense has been unstoppable in the playoffs thus far. Are they going to continue this onslaught in New England? The Patriots have looked good all year, but looked beatable against the Titans. Call it a hunch, looks like the Colts are Super Bowl bound!

Colts: 34 Patriots: 24

Carolina at Philadelphia

As DEHog says, those freakin' Eagles just keep on finding ways to win the close ones. Like it or not, that's the sign of a good team. Last week against the Rams, Delhomme didn't look very good when the Rams pressured him. The Eagles will surely try to put pressure on Delhomme to try to make him make mistakes (a la Favre). Fortunately for the Panthers, if healthy, Stephen Davis knows how to run against Philly. Unlike the Packers, look for John Fox to run Davis until Davis has nothing else to give. This'll be a close game....and I'm probably going with my heart more than my brain, but the Panthers' running game will make the difference here.

Panthers: 27 Eagles: 20
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:45 pm

WOW JH Press conference still going on and your predictions are out!! I want to see the weather reports. A dome team and a southern team going on the road north in Jan???
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:15 pm

COLD< Very Freaking cold, I live in PA and it is cold, this week starting wednesday it is going to be colder than it has in 10 years, good for us Icefishermen, but to play football in it, that is just crazy.
Marc

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 am

Justice, I think I'm with you, in principal, on those predictions. I'd like to see the Pats win, but Harrison burns Ty Law in single coverage every time and I think Dungy'll try to exploit that.

I hate Philthidelphia (thanks, Hailskins666 for the nickname). I hope they lose miserably and lose their dignity in the process.
Gibbs is God

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:26 pm

OK it’s time for my picks...6-2 in the playoffs so far

Could easily be 8-0 if Martz had coached the last 54 seconds of regulation

And Greg Robinson had resigned at halftime instead of after the game!

Got to tell ya I really like the away teams this week and would love to see a Colts/Panthers SB but that’s my heart not my head.

Colts/Pats

Manning has yet to win in Foxboro...I think the game earlier this year in Indy helped NE more then Indy. Yes the Colts will punt this week and that’s why they'll get beat. Bilicik is a great game planner. Wouldn’t surprise me to see his defense do a Manning impression and move around with lots of dummy calls. Also the Pats will smack Indy WR’s around, if you go back to the Denver game when they beat Indy they were very physical and it worked. Indy made adjustments two weeks later. I just don't think you'll see Rodney Harrison let Marvin and company run across the middle like KC did.

Pats 24 Indy 20

Please John Fox be patient with the run...I know SD is a game time decision, but Foster will do nicely that you. Really the pressure is all on Philly to be more precise it's on McNabb and Reid. No matter what you think about the beagles, you have to admire McNabb's play last week, KGB..now you see me now you don't. I really do think Carolina can win this. Jim Johnson will blitz the hell out of Dehlome, better counter with draws and screens. But I say again damn it the beagles just find a way to win. They better do it this year they won't be back.

Beagles 23 Panthers 16
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Joe's#1Fan

my predictions are about the same.

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:46 pm

DEHog wrote:OK it’s time for my picks...6-2 in the playoffs so far

Could easily be 8-0 if Martz had coached the last 54 seconds of regulation

And Greg Robinson had resigned at halftime instead of after the game!

Got to tell ya I really like the away teams this week and would love to see a Colts/Panthers SB but that’s my heart not my head.

Colts/Pats

Manning has yet to win in Foxboro...I think the game earlier this year in Indy helped NE more then Indy. Yes the Colts will punt this week and that’s why they'll get beat. Bilicik is a great game planner. Wouldn’t surprise me to see his defense do a Manning impression and move around with lots of dummy calls. Also the Pats will smack Indy WR’s around, if you go back to the Denver game when they beat Indy they were very physical and it worked. Indy made adjustments two weeks later. I just don't think you'll see Rodney Harrison let Marvin and company run across the middle like KC did.

Pats 24 Indy 20

Please John Fox be patient with the run...I know SD is a game time decision, but Foster will do nicely that you. Really the pressure is all on Philly to be more precise it's on McNabb and Reid. No matter what you think about the beagles, you have to admire McNabb's play last week, KGB..now you see me now you don't. I really do think Carolina can win this. Jim Johnson will blitz the hell out of Dehlome, better counter with draws and screens. But I say again damn it the beagles just find a way to win. They better do it this year they won't be back.

Beagles 23 Panthers 16

patriots 20 colts 17 comes down to adam vinateri again

my heart goes with carolina but my gut goes with the eagles on this one (depending on the status of stephen davis ) i see this game will come down to the 4th quarter maybe,with mcnabb going on one of his big runs on a big time of possesion drives and scores a touchdown to put them ahead for good.

panthers 17 eagles 24 -mcnabb shakes off the curse .

super bowl xxxviii will be eagles vs patriots .

i,ll make a real early sb pick here and say that the patriots will win 24-14.

and i,m begining with a 0-0 record before this weekends games. :-$
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Around the League