4th and 26

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piggie

4th and 26

Postby tnathan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:01 pm

why aren't more people questioning whether the 4th and 26 throw really made the first down? the announcers noted that the spot was maybe 3 or 4 yards too far. why was there no booth review? i thought at least we'd see an on air reply. what do you guys think?
"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

go you nats

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:07 pm

There was a on air replay (not challeged from booth) no need for review Mitchell got the first down..no question. Yea he might have gotten a good spot but he had the first easily. Upon further review...the Packers should have blitz!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

piggie

Postby tnathan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 pm

really? i didn't see the on-air review. maybe just wishful thinking... i was rooting so hard for the pack. gotta wonder what the heck farve was thinking with that airball.
"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

go you nats

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:34 pm

DEHog wrote:There was a on air replay (not challeged from booth) no need for review Mitchell got the first down..no question. Yea he might have gotten a good spot but he had the first easily.

Yeah, I saw it on TV and I didn't have any doubt he got a good yard past the marker. For one thing, they had the computer generated red first down marker on the field, and he caught it one yard past, and then his forward progress was stopped.
Robert :D

Return to Around the League