......we better NOT!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

......we better NOT!!!!

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:19 pm

Observers around the league seem convinced that the Redskins will be one of the offseason suitors for wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson, whom the Tampa Bay Buccaneers deactivated for the remainder of the season Tuesday. The Buccaneers intend to trade or release him following the season. But Redskins officials said they would be unlikely to make a strong push to acquire Johnson, especially if the price tag is hefty.

I don't care if the price tag is hefty or not! If the Skins pay ANYTHING to get this idiot, I'm gonna be really pissed! The Skins have enough talent at WR! Let's promote McCants to #2 and demote "ROCK HANDS ROD"!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:30 pm

I can guarantee you that we will not sign Johnson. We have enough receivers. I agree with the decision on the McCants promotion but he is an restricted free agent at the end of the year. We have to keep a close eye on his contract situation and re-sign him.
Last edited by Jake on Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:04 pm

I can't see it!

We have no use for Keyshawn. I agree we need to get McCants resigned asap.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piggie

Postby The Skins Fan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:08 pm

Well I'm right there with you both...all that quote is was said from some idiot "analyst" or whomever...so we can put a squash to that because there's no way that's gonna happen...and i'm agreeing with you on the Rod "Stonehands" Gardner...he can be a really good reciever if he could just be more consistent in catching the ball...in all fairness, in SOME games, he's made some plays but he's just way too inconsistent...I say give Cliff Russell's paycheck to McCants
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:48 pm

I sure hope this franchise does not even think about signing Keyshawn. He is nothing but trouble!! McCants is younger, cheaper, and better. Plus Darnerian has a far superior attitude!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:27 am

Rod needs to quit worrying about how he's going to "hot-dog" (Irvinesque) after one of his rare catches and catch the damn ball. Notice how McCants just catches the ball like he's paid to do and calmly tosses to an official and goes back to the sideline (when it should be the huddle!).
We'll miss you, Joe.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:07 pm

This reminds me... What has happened to Taylor Jacobs, our heralded 2nd round pick??

Could we have possibly used this draft on a D-Lineman stud?, especially considering that we lost Gardner and were having trouble agreeing to a contract with Wilkenson.

Just a thought.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:55 pm

Would like to know that too. I'm hoping that nice grab he had in Dallas sparks some type of fire in him. If I understood earlier news posts from Washington Post, he wasn't exactly in the coaches good graces in regards to his preseason performance. His future, who knows...???

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:55 pm

spending that pick on the offense was a major mistake, but we should be used to that by now...the DL or secondary would have been my choice....ie. Doss
We'll miss you, Joe.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:26 am

Jacobs hopefully won't be another Heath Schuler. We didn't have these problems when Bobby Beathard was GM...he was a great player scout...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:10 pm

Could we have possibly used this draft on a D-Lineman stud?,

on draft day, waiting throuhgh the entire first round, and through half the second, i completely forgot about jacobs because doss was still on the board, i was shocked when we didn't take him..... although i don't disagree with jacobs being here, i really would like to see him on the field more.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:16 pm

Hate to disagree, especially on my first post but I do feel that the Key is one of the best receivers in the league...if you feed him the ball. In the right offence he is a world beater and I for one would love to have him.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:15 am

Anonymous wrote:Hate to disagree, especially on my first post but I do feel that the Key is one of the best receivers in the league...if you feed him the ball. In the right offence he is a world beater and I for one would love to have him.
Sorry but I strongly disagree, I feel the last thing we need on this team is a player with a bad attitude, are offense is so turn up right now that bringing him in would cause even more tension. Just my 2 cents.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:55 am

Jake... no pics in the sig... please remove.

... and anyone else for that matter. Rules are rules and they apply to everyone.

My 2 Cents on MeShawn is... he ain't that good... and he sure isn't 'head and shoulders' above Coles. Why on earth would we want Coles, Gardner and Keyshawn? Not to mention... did the cap just disappear all of a sudden? How are you going to pay TWO receivers top dollar?

If Gardner could learn how to catch he'd be the same receiver as Keyshawn.

Anybody even thinking about offensive prospects for this team doesn't recognize just how bad our defensive line is... it should be our only concern.

All of our money needs to go to resigning FAs and landing both a DE and a DT.

No pass rush = redskins get January off... again.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:36 am

All of our money needs to go to resigning FAs and landing both a DE and a DT.

very true. some continuity....and could we have a decent draft this year????? lets fill some needs in the draft for a change.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football