Another milestone...

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Another milestone...

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:36 am

... as this is the Site News forum, I wanted to acknowledge a milestone that may otherwise go unnoticed.

In fact, I didn't even notice it yesterday when it happened.

Today when I posted JF's article on the Redskins ERFA, i realized that it was the 401st exclusive article that we have posted to the database. Therefore making yesterday's article The Butterfly Effect, the 400th article that the hard working staff have pounded out for your pleasure.

When I started this site it was with the single goal of bringing more Redskins content to the web. I had not created the database when we first started so there have actually been more, but 400 exclusive articles since the summer of 2002 is no small feat.

As the site grows, so does the amount of our exclusive coverage... having now advanced to the point that we can boast of fresh content almost each and every day. The effort required to post daily content is not negligible, in fact, it is a constant struggle in timeliness. But the volunteer staff do a great job of making sure that we can.

They say fresh content builds a community... and this community owes a lot of it's structure and membership to the content that kept people coming back to see what was new.

We could cop out and just regurgitate what you can find on ESPN or NFL.com or even Redskins.com... that's what many fan sites do... but that wouldn't serve our goal...

... to serve up more Redskin content to the Redskins' faithful...

... and now with over 400 served.

I wanted to offer MY thanks to the guys that put themselves out there every day to make it all happen.

:celebrate:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby washington53 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:40 pm

I really think that you guys do a great job, and i just want to thank you and the volunteer staff to what they have done to this great website
Defense wins championships

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:20 pm

Good work BH. Not many fans sites out there put in 1/10th the content found at theHogs.net (believe me I now know).

Testament to you and all the volunteer writers.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:41 am

Yea, congratulations BH.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:31 pm

Congrats and Thanks to all who contribute !!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:08 pm

Good job e'rybody!!!
VIVA SEXY!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:08 am

Congrats---I'm a big fan of the articles in addition to this message board. It's been taking care of my cravings since March of '04.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

##

Postby Clinton Portis » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 am

Congrats, Boss!

:up:

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon