Latest from Miami

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Latest from Miami

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm

Dolphins president Eddie Jones denied a story by ESPN's Chris Mortensen that said Huizenga was considering buying out the final three years of Washington coach Steve Spurrier's original five-year, $25 million contract. Spurrier has led the Redskins to a 5-10 record so far this season.

"The only focus this organization has now is to beat the Jets," Jones said, referring to the Jets-Dolphins game at 1 p.m. Sunday at Pro Player Stadium.

"There has been no discussion either internally or externally about anything other than that."

Spurrier said he hasn't heard from the Dolphins and shot down the premise he might be contacted.

"If we're 5-10 and somebody thinks I might go somewhere else, that's probably flattering, whoever's starting them the rumors," Spurrier said. "Usually, when you're 5-10, the rumor is that you're about gone from wherever you are. I don't pay any attention to many rumors and things like that. That's all they are.

Click here for the rest.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:54 pm

Oh really From the Post

Spurrier has canceled his weekly radio show next Monday, and intends to depart for a two-week trip to Florida less than 24 hours after Saturday's night's finale against the Philadelphia Eagles.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:21 pm

Well I think that the Post could probably print that any other time and it mean nothing more than him going to play some golf and return to his old stomping ground.

But who knows?

I actually posted the clip because usually when everyone is denying vehemently that something is going on.... something is going on.

I can see it now...

" In return for Spurrier and his remaining contract, the Redskins received a 7th round draft pick in 2035, two rolls of toilet paper and a bag of cookies as compensation."

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:56 pm

Come on SS is a God in FL we get Jason Taylor and a 1st rounder...I can dream can't I

I posted that from the post because I find it interesting that a 5-11, or 6-10 coach is taking off so fast, damn doesn't he have any parting words for the team
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:03 pm

Good-bye

ROTFALMAO

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:41 pm

Great Effort Guys!!!...

Don't let the door hit ME on the a$$ on the way out... :lol:
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:25 pm

" In return for Spurrier and his remaining contract, the Redskins received a 7th round draft pick in 2035, two rolls of toilet paper and a bag of cookies as compensation."

I'D TAKE THAT!!!! better than another season of watching this crap spurrier calls offense(though it is offensive). just hire a gm, let him decide :roll:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

wow

Postby ryan56 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:53 pm

throw in norv and its a deal! :D :) :? :( :cry: :oops:

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:58 pm

...and it's probably "used" toilet paper at that!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:35 am

agreed...let him go for nothing besides getting out of the $15m owed him and hire a GM to decide who coaches....let's cut our losses and distance ourselves from this fool
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:50 am

let's cut our losses and distance ourselves from this fool

ROTFALMAO
heavy words, but very true.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football