i don't know about you, but

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

i don't know about you, but

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:16 pm

sounds to me like dennis green knows a little bit about coaching....
The biggest issue with Green being hired to coach the Redskins could be his insistence on running the whole show, coaching and being the GM. That interest doesn't seem to have changed; he told The Post's Leonard Shapiro yesterday: "I don't believe in that 'you just go coach the team stuff.' It doesn't make a lot of sense for someone else to tell me this guy should be on my team. Suggestions are fine, and you always talk, but the coach has to have the final say."
sounds exactly like a guy we could use.
found a little more to add.....
"I would talk to the Redskins, absolutely," Green said in a telephone interview last night. "I've got a little itch right now. The itch is I could go to Arizona or wherever and turn the program around quickly because I know how to get everyone on the same page. I'm not interested in going anywhere on a fishing expedition. But if Dan Snyder is looking for someone who gives them a chance to win right away, I can help them."

Green said he was "intrigued" by the Arizona job "because they're getting a new stadium built and there's nowhere to go but up. I'm a program builder. I could work for Dan Snyder. What he needs is somebody who comes in there and knows what he wants to do and how to do that. You've got to know what you want to do. The players will never play if you don't show them exactly what you want out of them."

sounds like the only other team interested is arz, let's see skins or cards.....hmmmm you pick. bidwell, who rather spend his money on himself, not his team, or snyder, who would buy anyone or anything to help win. let's see if snyder can give up some power.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:48 pm

I like anybody who will take the reigns from Snyder. We need a coach who will whip some ass!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:26 pm

I don't think giving a coach total control over the FO and the field is a good idea. It hasn't worked for Holmgren or Wanstedt, Johnson (or probably many others). I think the separation of duties/power makes sense...even though I'd prefer to get Cerrato/Snyder out of the mix.

The balance of power would work and not overwhelm a HC.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:59 pm

I don't think giving a coach total control over the FO and the field is a good idea. It hasn't worked for Holmgren or Wanstedt, Johnson (or probably many others). I think the separation of duties/power makes sense...even though I'd prefer to get Cerrato/Snyder out of the mix.

i think having a HC/GM will be the closest thing we see to having a true GM for a while. marty did it, and things were starting to come together when he got canned. i'd like to see someone take us in that direction again. besides, if its too much for one guy, theres always the option to do what miami did with wanny. i think the coach does need to have the final say in personnel decisions. vinny and danny can scout the ranks just like they've been doing, but leave it to the coach to have the final say so. somone with greens experience could tell if a draft pick or free agent would fit his scheme alot better than a weasle and its raquetball buddy. take trotter for example. guy plays hard, tries hard, but has never been used to his potential here. snyder and my cousin vinny bought the name. while i like trotter, and this isn't meant to dog him, we would have been A LOT better off getting a read n react LB, rather than a blow up the middle pass rush demon, like trotter.......UNLESS you plan to change your scheme to fit him into it. snyder and cerrato haven't the first clue. they saw a marquee name and said "oh, well this will help our team", when in actuallity, kevin mitchell could have filled the same roll for half the cap cost of trotter. I'm all for denny, i just hope he plans to make overtime :D
THN's resident jerk.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:18 pm

good points! I would welcome Denny as well...and agree that the coach should have the final say in personnel decisions
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:43 pm

I just wish we had some sort of inside scoop on what's going on...besides the Green, Rhodes, Fassel interview. I guess I should "have patience, young grasshopper..." But the truth is, I think we are all dying to get this ball rolling and start our crawl to run towards next season. Once we know the staff (HC/OC/DC, etc...if they totally clean house) then we can speculate a little more accurately on how the draft will shape and what FA moves we'll make. That's what I can't wait for...

:D \:D/

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:04 pm

Once we know the staff (HC/OC/DC, etc...if they totally clean house) then we can speculate a little more accurately on how the draft will shape and what FA moves we'll make.
i hope we hire an offensive HC, and keep hue jackson. i think hue understands whats going on in the league. he ran spurriers offense better than spurrier did. i've seen analyst write that he will be a good HC candidate one day. he needs to learn a little more under someone like green or fassel, and when they depart, he'll be ready. KEEP HUE!!!!
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:47 pm

[quote="hailskins666) i think the coach does need to have the final say in personnel decisions. vinny and danny can scout the ranks just like they've been doing, but leave it to the coach to have the final say so. somone with greens experience could tell if a draft pick or free agent would fit his scheme alot better than a weasle and its raquetball buddy. :D[/quote]

Triple 6, you're right-on the mark! Unfortunately, the weasle owns the team and likes to play "reality fantasy football." He and cousin Vinny are not going to give up any power. We'll have to settle for another puppet to coach our hogs. Maybe Fassel is our best choice for now.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:21 am

While it may not have worked in other places, I would agree that the coach should have input on what players are on his team. If not all the power, the coach should have a strong voice in those matters. No matter what the circumstance is, Snyder will still have say and should considering he is still the owner.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football