Redskins Cowboys and Demarcus Ware

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
G4L

Redskins Cowboys and Demarcus Ware

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:09 am

Gibbs invented the single back two tight end formation largely in part to the force that was Lawrence Taylor and I noticed in a clip that Warren was blocking LT which brings me to my question about this years rivalry game...

DEMARCUS WARE is being compared to LT and Bill Parcells is using him similarly...And so who will Gibbs see best to shut this guy down? Can Cooley do it? Will any of our TE's be able to block this guy? I know if our OLine gets ahold of him we'll be fine but I think they'll have him rush pretty far out to the edge. Thoughts?
HAIL

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:36 am

Believe me, Ware is not LT. However, he is pretty dang good. Now I know it was only Pre Season and they were playing Seattle, but Ware was making plays. He forced a fumble, had a sack, and a pick. But once again, I'm sure Joe Gibbs will find a way to stop him or at least slow him down. But remember, he's only a rookie and he's not LT.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:53 am

I suggest we have Moss looping back to block Ware. Ware, as you know, never could resist a pretty face, and Moss, you know...that way he has...the strut...the cute "I could use more money" pout.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:02 am

Crazy, infesting this topic, too?

This is faster than usual.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:57 am

air_hog wrote:Believe me, Ware is not LT. However, he is pretty dang good. Now I know it was only Pre Season and they were playing Seattle, but Ware was making plays. He forced a fumble, had a sack, and a pick. But once again, I'm sure Joe Gibbs will find a way to stop him or at least slow him down. But remember, he's only a rookie and he's not LT.

They also quoted Parcels as saying something along the lines of, "we're not in Canton yet," after a reporter noted his play in the game last night.

I agree, Ware is no LT, and should not be compared to such a force so early in his young career. But that guy beasted last night; kind of reminded me of a healthy LaVar...

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:18 am

Ware looked great last night, but it was against the Seahawks, arguably the most gutless football team in the world.

Seattle's offense seemed to have a lot of success in the passing game when the first team guys were in there. Roy Williams was lost in pass coverage as usual and Anthony Henry didn't look like much. I am worried about Ware though, I admit it.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:34 am

Im not worried about that Chump!

Nemo will bowl him over!
Portis will break his ankles.
Cooley will catch a pass right in his face or block him.
We're going to run it right at him and destroy his confidence.
Sean Taylor busted JJ's bubble during the entire game.

All we need is 21 points! 21 is Taylors number now that I think of it, maybe that means something.... :idea:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:50 am

Ware looked like a menace on passing plays. Anybody notice anything about his run defense? I'm sure we'll have a few mis-direction plays in the game plan to slow the rookie down a little, but he sure looked good rushing the passer. Overall, I thought Dallas' 1st team defense looked very suspect. If we can protect the ball and not have any bad calls from the refs, we can take 'em this year....I just know it.
Beat Dallas!!!

Hog

Postby hkHog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:36 am

Big freakin' deal, one preseason game and all of a sudden he's the best defensive player in the league?

Sean Taylor was far more impressive in the preseason last year than Ware is this year. What was it, four ints, a TD, a forced fumble, and he knocked out Chambers?

In fact, the stat they're giving is Ware is the first guy to record an int, a ff, and have a sack. Well, I'm pretty sure ST had a ff and an int in the same game last year.

What's more, Parcells said "I didn't think he was great, if that's what you want." I mean, Hasselback had no trouble moving the ball.

Sure, he had a good game in the preseason, that means absolutely nothing especially given the fact that Seattle can't block. My plan to shut down Ware is to run the ball and when you don't run just get a TE or even Portis to block him, Portis is a great blocker (probably the most underrated part of his game, he never misses a block and he can take anyone - he's a fully rounded player, consumate professional), he can take Ware easy.

He's not even in the top 20 LBs right now, we don't need to give him any special treatment. After all, Seattle found so many holes in the Dallas coverage, except for the int, the Dallas LBs where hopeless in coverage, they got burned by the exact same play where the TE just ran straight down the seam about 20 times and they couldn't adjust. This is a joke.

Postby Brandon777 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:49 am

It's seems that all you have to do to block him is keep a tackle on him. The reason he got that first force fumble was because Seattle put a guard on him. IMO, you don't put OGs on pass-rushers on the edge. He did show potential, but during the second half, he didn't really stand out. He didn't show much at all against Seattle's camp fodder.

In regards to the rest of Dallas's defense, they looked pretty bad. Newman was Mr. Toast. As for their offense, Bledsoe doesn't look good and Julius Jones has been very mediocre. Jones had those two good runs last night, but that was after Seattle put in their back-up DTs.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:19 pm

I thought D. Looked terrible yesterday. Maybe we watched a different game. Bledsoe is NOT comfortable in that system at all.

Yes, Ware made a few good plays but he is NOT LT for God's sake! Playing -around- him? Are you kidding?

I did not see Dallas yesterday with a potential to be a contender in the NFC. We must have watched a -different- game indeed.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:24 pm

I could give a crap about Demarcus Ware or what he means to us. I mean we have had Lavar Arrington for 4 years now and haven't made the playoffs.

A playmaker does not make them a scare this year, at least not to us. Maybe to a team that does not emphasize pass protection, but Im sure we will find a way to nuetralize him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:34 pm

on ST980 this morning, they were talking about ware and how he had a great game. however, they mentioned these points:

1) on the forced fumble seneca wallace was going to beat him around the corner, but ware got his arm out to slap the ball away. My question is, how often will he get a chance like that, he was about to be beat and i highly doubt he will ever do that against mcnabb or vick.

2) on the interception, the receiver (i forget who it was) faked his pants off, and ware closed on him. against guys like moss/patten, TO/greg lewis, plax/shockey/toomer, he will most definitely get caught out of position like that and will not be able to make it up like he did against whoever it was.

trust me on this one guys--he may have had a beast game, no one is refuting that. BUT, he is a rookie, and makes mental mistakes, like those i just stated. we can take advantage of this, let it not be a hinderance, but a target. just like they did with carlos rogers, he picked them off yes, but then he got burned not once, but twice, albeit one of them was not a completion, it was a score if he had caught it. the teams playing the cowboys have the advantage of having a rook on the other side of the ball, who while talented, plays without the mentality needed. It will be interesting to see how it pans out, but as parsmells says, "we're not in canton yet."

P.S. John Clayton reports that he believes the Cowpukes are the team to watch in the NFC East, and could make the biggest move up in the division. I love John Clayton, but for the love of god, get you head out of your...you know where :-)
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:53 pm

He might make a play or two but our line and TE's won't let him do much...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Hog

Postby hkHog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:06 pm

skinsfano28 wrote:P.S. John Clayton reports that he believes the Cowpukes are the team to watch in the NFC East, and could make the biggest move up in the division. I love John Clayton, but for the love of god, get you head out of your...you know where :-)

OMG, I couldn't stomache watching Michael Irvin after the game saying that the Cowboys are going to go 9-7 and they're going to the playoffs. Based on what? Bledsoe looked terrible, they have no other real QB, their D was unimpressive to say the least, the only thing they have going for them is Julius Jones.

Compare them to the 'Skins. We have a much better D, Portis is at least as good as Jones, our O-line is better, we have better tackles and the only guy on their line who is better at his position than our guys is Allen.

The only thing they did that we haven't done is win the turnover battle. That D is not going to do that every game because it honestly is not very good and I think we have better QB play as long as we don't have dumb interceptions. I mean, they couldn't move the ball against a pathetic defense.

If we can just control the ball we are a far better team than them in every aspect of the game. No stupid turnovers and we're the team to watch. I think this reminds me of after the opening game last year against Tampa all you heard was that we were going to the playoffs. I see another 6-10 season for the Cowboys if they're lucky. They just aren't a good team.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football