Redskins Cowboys and Demarcus Ware

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby ejay183 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:20 pm

"Portis is at least as good as Jones"
No, Portis>Julius Jones, dont even kid yourself
Clinton Portis 2005-2006 Season tracker
352 carries 1516 yards 11 TDs
30 receptions 216 yards 0 TDs
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

Hog

Postby hkHog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:27 pm

In fact, I would say that the Giants are a much better team than the Cowboys. I watched them play the Panthers and they looked impressive.

They have nice players at their skill positions, Tiki, Burress, Toomer looked very good in the game even though he's getting old, Shockey is overrated but a good player when he isn't injured, and much to my surprise Manning looked like a player. Their offense looked pretty tough in that game.

What's more, their D was definately better. Why isn't anyone talking about Corey Webster, their rookie second-round draft pick from LSU. IMO, he was more impressive than Ware.

He made an amaxing play when he was guarding Steve Smith. Delhomme completed the pass and when Smith turned upfield Webster just grabbed the ball right out of his hands. It was a sick play! Then, later in the game, he made an awesome interception. So he made two amazing plays, forcing a fumble and recovering it (well can you call it that, he just ripped the ball away) and making an int. Definately two of the best plays I have seen in the preseason but unfortunately it wasn't on national television so nobody saw them.

Also, Justin Tuck impressed me a lot. I think they had a really nice draft despite the lack of a first-rounder and I think they could easily be a better team than Dallas.
"We're not going to be the pushovers of the NFL, we're gonna push over some people!" - Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby hkHog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:32 pm

ejay183 wrote:"Portis is at least as good as Jones"
No, Portis>Julius Jones, dont even kid yourself

Yeah, I agree completely, I only said that because some dumbass Cowboy fans think Jones is the best RB in the league and I didn't want to be too mean. No chance they're going to roll to victory on that guy. Portis is the real deal, he is just a great "football player", he does all the right things and he knows the game. He is a completely rounded player who can do anything you ask of him. I was just writing real fast and that's the way it came out. I don't think Jones could carry Clinton's jock strap.

swine

Postby Fo_Block » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:38 pm

hkHog wrote:that means absolutely nothing especially given the fact that Seattle can't block.

both the left guard and tackle are 2 of the best in the league - both pro bowlers

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Portis is way better than Jones. The guy had a couple good games last year against some terrible defenses, and the games just happened to be nationally televised so the whole thing got blown out of proportion. Let's see him play an entire season before we annoint him the next Emmitt.

Portis has run for nearly 4500 yards and his career while Jones has about 800.

And before you point out that obviously Portis will have more because he has been around longer, let me remind you of this: Portis is actually younger than Jones.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Fo_Block wrote:both the left guard and tackle are 2 of the best in the league - both pro bowlers
Yes, but his best plays were on the -right- side ofthe offense, not the left. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

swine

Postby Fo_Block » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Fo_Block wrote:both the left guard and tackle are 2 of the best in the league - both pro bowlers
Yes, but his best plays were on the -right- side ofthe offense, not the left. :roll:

SEATTLE (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys rookie Demarcus Ware looks ready to be an NFL linebacker.

In one half, Ware forced two fumbles, recovered one, had an interception, a sack and three tackles in Dallas' 18-10 preseason victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night.

"I was a little more comfortable with the defense and what the guys are doing," Ware said. "On a scale of one to 10 I'd say it was an eight."

Jose Cortez was 3-for-3 on field goals, connecting from 44, 37 and 46 yards for Dallas (1-1).

A defensive end at Troy, Ware was the 11th pick in the draft and is making the switch to outside linebacker with the Cowboys, who are moving from a 4-3 to 3-4 defense.

He had two tackles last week against Arizona, but made an impact in just two minutes against Seattle (1-1). Still, he received little praise from his coach.

"He got a sack and got an interception. Let me look at the film," Dallas coach Bill Parcells said. "I didn't think he was great, if that's what you want."

On Seattle's first possession, Ware beat Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson, stripped quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and fell on the fumble at the Seattle 33. Cortez then made his first field goal.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Partial imformation. The interception took place on the other side of the field and it was actually a poorly thrown pass. He is no LT.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby spenser » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:47 pm

This offseason is hilarious. I know the media hates the skins, but this offseason is unlike ever before. every single radio and tv sports host is giving the skins NO love. And at the same time the cowbois are pegged to be the upstart team and challenger of the nfc east. based on what exactly? I mean the skins did suck pretty bad on offense last year but were in almost every game, and were robbed of at least 2 games (greenbay,dallas)! the best part about it is that we are soooo slept on that no body expect us to be good. This is just what we need, some consistancy with personal without turning over the whole team and signing big name players. I know this has all been said before but its crazy how many "profesionals" hate on the skins and are on the boi's jocks. and as far as Ware... he definaly looks to be a good player based on that game, but its one preseason game, dont start making his bust for canton yet. Same thing with J.jones also, IMO.

This may be off topic, but does anyone know how i can load my own avatar? thanks!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:05 pm

Moss is going to kick Ware's ass. Have no doubt of that. I talked to Moss about it, and he said, and I quote: "I'm going to kick Ware's ass. On the field, on the street, in his home. Everywhere! Ware is going to get his Ass kicked and I'm going to do it."

Hog

Postby SkinFan 0-16 or 16-0 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:14 pm

One of the most important rules in the NFL:

FEAR NO ROOKIES.

I watched the game and noticed how he would end up getting blocked. It will end up being Ware on Chris Samuels. While Dockery will be on Ellis.

No dount in my Mine that C-Sam will handle his business
"Tough times don't last Tough people do."- Marcus Washington, Redskins Linebacker

"Big time Players make Big Time Plays in Big Games !!!"- Santana Moss Redskins WR during an upset by The U over Florida Sate

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:20 pm

spenser wrote:This offseason is hilarious. I know the media hates the skins, but this offseason is unlike ever before. every single radio and tv sports host is giving the skins NO love. And at the same time the cowbois are pegged to be the upstart team and challenger of the nfc east. based on what exactly? I mean the skins did suck pretty bad on offense last year but were in almost every game, and were robbed of at least 2 games (greenbay,dallas)! the best part about it is that we are soooo slept on that no body expect us to be good. This is just what we need, some consistancy with personal without turning over the whole team and signing big name players. I know this has all been said before but its crazy how many "profesionals" hate on the skins and are on the boi's jocks. and as far as Ware... he definaly looks to be a good player based on that game, but its one preseason game, dont start making his bust for canton yet. Same thing with J.jones also, IMO.

There is nothing like NOT winning the off season and going into the year with everyone doubting us :lol:

spenser wrote:This may be off topic, but does anyone know how i can load my own avatar? thanks!

Custom Avatar Rules
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

G4L

C -SAM

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:59 am

Hail C-Sam should have his best year and I hope it includes hitting/blocking D.Ware in the sternum 9 or 10 times. Just Beat Dallas
HAIL

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:39 am

spenser wrote:This may be off topic, but does anyone know how i can load my own avatar? thanks!
Gotta work for it for a while like all of us. :lol:

Welcome to the board!

Hog

Postby spenser » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:38 pm

"Gotta work for it for a while like all of us. "

Right on, only like 190 somthing more posts. One question though, i have designed my own skins avatar, can i send it to boss hogg, or does he create one for me? thanks again.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football