Lance Briggs Hit

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
and Jackson

Lance Briggs Hit

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Forgive me for pulling a Nunyo, but I spoke to a source in the league office, who assured me that they play is being reviewed and a decision will be made tomorrow afternoon whether or not to fine Briggs for the hit.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm

no tv for a week for him.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:00 pm

They should fine the officials who did not call a penalty. Is there any accountability for officials in this league? I'm going to be real pissed if the officials give the game away AGAIN against the cowboys.
Beat Dallas!!!

^^^^

Postby Punu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm

i say fine him 8.3 million and 3 years suspension from the NFL, 1 1/2 which is served in the state penn. and 3 weeks in the hole.
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:24 pm

I say let Ramsey set the fine!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:44 pm

ArizonaHOG wrote:They should fine the officials who did not call a penalty. Is there any accountability for officials in this league? I'm going to be real pissed if the officials give the game away AGAIN against the cowboys.
Amen!!!!
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

########

Postby Scottskins » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:53 pm

Glad you brought this up JF. I've been wondering about this. If they don't fine him, it will prove that this league is playing favorites. After the hit the guy doesn't even act like he did anything wrong, he immediately starts celebrating...

It was a damn clothesline....
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

----

Postby HitDoctor » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:39 pm

ArizonaHOG wrote:They should fine the officials who did not call a penalty. Is there any accountability for officials in this league? I'm going to be real pissed if the officials give the game away AGAIN against the cowboys.

You can count on that happening!!! This has been the history of this rivalry. If we don't blow them out then they get every call, no call, and made up call (reference two years ago unsportsmanlike conduct called on a skins MLB for making noise at the line of scrimmage). The only way the skins will beat Dallass is if they blow them out. The league has it out for us. :cry:
it is what it is

Hog

Postby blchizzleke » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:42 pm

DEHog wrote:I say let Ramsey set the fine!

Good Idea, Actually.
Beat the Cowboys!!

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:42 pm

Quit your whining already. No games get handed over by the guys in the striped shirts in this rivalry. That includes the few times your boys have won.

If your 'Skins were so much better all these years, then the record wouldn't be as lopsided as it is, regardless of who did or didn't throw a flag at any given time.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Primetime42 wrote:Quit your whining already. No games get handed over by the guys in the striped shirts in this rivalry. That includes the few times your boys have won.

If your 'Skins were so much better all these years, then the record wouldn't be as lopsided as it is, regardless of who did or didn't throw a flag at any given time.
i agree. i don't want any excuses. nor do i favor any. we'll kick the pukes out of their boots with or without the zebras standing in the way. :)
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby hkHog » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:54 pm

Primetime42 wrote:Quit your whining already. No games get handed over by the guys in the striped shirts in this rivalry. That includes the few times your boys have won.

Then why did the NFL issue an apology to the "Skins after last year's Monday night game?

Why did Al Michaels and the other guys on MNF say the game was given to the Cowboys by the refs?

Why were the guys on NFL Live saying the calls were disgtraceful and that the NFL had to do something because those calls cost the 'Skins the game?

Did all those people say those things because the refs didn't give the game away? I don't think so.
"We're not going to be the pushovers of the NFL, we're gonna push over some people!" - Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:21 pm

hkHog wrote:

Then why did the NFL issue an apology to the "Skins after last year's Monday night game?

Why did Al Michaels and the other guys on MNF say the game was given to the Cowboys by the refs?

Why were the guys on NFL Live saying the calls were disgtraceful and that the NFL had to do something because those calls cost the 'Skins the game?

Did all those people say those things because the refs didn't give the game away? I don't think so.

AMEN brother!!! :celebrate:

facts are facts, primetime. go back and watch the game film and tell what bizarre fantasy world it is you live in which a defender getting shoved away from a pass is "Defensive Pass Interference", and vice versa. etc etc etc. try to grow up. mature people acknowledge reality, instead of dismissing it when it did them a favor.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:32 pm

Too bad football is becoming a non-contact sport with all these new rules. I agree that that hit was nasty. It looked like he was grabbed by the pads and bodyslammed. Still, I grew up watching some of the real bad-azz guys ply their trade, like Dobler.
Funny thing about it is, I've seen Patches take harder hits than that and just shake it off. It could be that he's not so much bullet-proof anymore.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:33 pm

Prime time is over...loong ago. The all time series is:

54-32-2 Washington

Looks pretty lopsided to me!!
Beat Dallas!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football