Trdading Down

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
---------

Trdading Down

Postby redskins56 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:43 am

I'm not so sure that Joe Gibbs' staff wouldn't prefer a savvy veteran player over a rookie. If someone is offering an elite back for our 5th and 2nd round picks, they might pounce.

-GEEPZ

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:30 am

We need a back, you're right, but I don't know if one will be worth all of that. But I guess we don't have much of a choice. I'd stick with Ladell or Rock before giving all those picks up.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:38 am

I'd stick with Ladell or Rock before giving all those picks up.
true. while RB is a need, it's not the only one. now if we could land portis, mcallister or a back like that.....i would have to think hard about it.
BTW barry sanders is a free agent now :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:01 am

We should bring in a medium priced free agent like Mike Williams from the Broncos. I still think Rock or Ladell is our back. We need our picks for the dline!!! I am also in favor of trading Bailey if the deal was right because ultimately the dline is more important of a position and if you overpay you better do it on the dline.

If we continue to give big money to every fa that represents a hole on this team we will be so strapped for cap room we will not be able to sign our core players!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

piglet

Postby davef » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:07 pm

Personally, I would not trade 2 picks for an elite back.. too prone to injury.

Dline, Dline, Dline... that's the biggest weakness in my opinion.

What would y'all think about trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Lee Suggs? Just a thought...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:17 pm

I am also in favor of trading Bailey if the deal was right because ultimately the dline is more important of a position and if you overpay you better do it on the dline.
i wonder if we could work out some type of trade to aquire a stud d-lineman? instead of first round compensation, trade for an end or tackle outright. :hmm: daryl gardner maybe :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:13 pm

why'd the name barry Sanders have to come up? hasn't this been a fantastical enough offseason already... you gotta go start planting stuff like that.

man.... the chances of Barry Sanders coming back to play football and doing so in a Redskin uniform, are about as far-fetched as if Saint Gibbs himself decided to come back to coach in Washington.

Er...
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:17 pm

Er...
:lol:
THN's resident jerk.

BigCarter28

Postby BigCarter28 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:37 pm

What about Kevin Jones wouldnt he be worth a 5th round pick? Dillon is already 30 and we could sign some competent 2 tackles (gardner), we should drop trotter (which has proven to be a bad sign) and sign Jevon Kearse with the freed up cap space, Kevin Mitchell is a competent enough Middle linebacker,

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:38 pm

I ment 1st round 5th pick

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:44 pm

Shhh....don't tell anyone....but don't be surprised if Riggins wants to make a come-back at RB!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Joe's#1Fan

i agree 100% all the way!!!!

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:22 am

that the primary need is defensive line,we do have those two rb,s that you have mentioned in rock and ladel betts i wouldn,t look past them by no means but withe 5th pick in round 1 sure looks good for that miami (dt) w/jevon kearse on the outside.tading down would be another option too.

anything to improve that defensive and help lavar out.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:40 am

Trotter won't get dropped - he will get used properly in this scheme of Williams, I believe

The DLine is the utmost priority - with that we can get the ball back more and have a more consistent running attack - Trung doesn't get hurt, you never know what kind of season he might have had - once the line gelled he was getting some decent runs of 7-12 yards at a time...

I really think Defense should be most of the focus - that and TE....
Rich in Roanoke

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:07 am

Defence should be the pick Sean Taylor or a top Dlineman. Betts, Rock and Trung can handle the ball well enough.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:46 am

I agree Warmother - a lot of people don't understand how painful a high ankle sprain is and how easy it is to reinjure running on it shortly after having it the first time...

When I have heard player-experts talking about it, they talk months for it to heal, not a couple of weeks. I think Trung showed some good skills and I think Betts is the back that Gibbs might like for the power situations. People forget that Gibbs has played with both power and speed backs and rotated them in the past... Riggins was only there a short while
Rich in Roanoke

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010