R. Barber not suspened?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

R. Barber not suspened?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:04 pm

Why wasn't Barber suspended for a game for hitting a ref like Tre Johnson was in 1999. Both were accidents without any reguard for the ref in the area. Just another example of the NFL being stiffer on the Redskins than the rest of the league.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

^^^^

Postby Punu » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Is this in the right forum?
But....
As wierd as it sounds, the head of officiating said they were not 100% certain that the ref was knocked down cuz of this punch... that it could have been a helmet of some sort... I on the other hand did not see that at all. He also went about how his refs again made a good desicion and some other crap... whatever... oh well.
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm

it was obvious that he was knocked down by ronde barber's "punch" but i think it looked inadvertent enough to the point where it was deemed an accident--perhaps they felt like he was about to make a point or something and was just using his hand to make it more forcefully or something...at any rate, i think he should have been suspended.
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:30 pm

He should totally have been suspended.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:13 am

At least thrown out of that game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League