Rate the Super Bowl commercials!

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Rate the Super Bowl commercials!

Postby Robert K. » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:32 pm

My favorite commercial this year, by far, was.......... oh yeah, the game hasn't even started yet :lol:

I hope they have some funny ones this year! :D

One thing I've been wondering though. They always talk about how much the SB commercials cost for 30 seconds (2.2 million this year?). But so many SB's end up being blowouts. So, do the commercials cost the exact same from kickoff until the end of the game... or is more or less paid depending on the point of the game? And if it's the same throughout, I wonder how they decide who gets 1st quarter vs. 4th, etc. :?:

Enjoy the game... and the commercials! :D
Robert :D

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:43 am

i thought the commercials were BS. maybe tagliabi-atch is over seeing the comercials too, ruling out anything "fun"(kinda like the endzone celebrations), after all, it is the "no fun league". overall a BIG thumbs down on the commercials. the only one that made me laugh personally, was the bud light commecial, with the 2 guys and the 2 dogs doing tricks, the one dog fetched a bud light, then the owner asked what the other guy's dog trick was, he just answered by saying "bud light". his dog then grabed the first guy in the crotch, and he immediatly threw his beer in the air, which the second guy caught. you'd think companies paying multi thousand dollars for mere seconds would have more "get up and grab you" type ads. My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:33 am

Being a fan of American Chopper I got a laugh out of the AOL spots with Paul, Paulie and Mike. My favorite spot was the one with all the player's, including Lavar, singing Tomorrow. Even though it was JJ the backflips cracked me up. I think the quality of comercials overall was not nearly as good as Superbowls past though.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

piggie

Postby noshirtforyou » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:48 am

I liked the Pepsi commercial where the bear dressed up like a person and bought a 24 pack of pepsi with a check and used the guy's ID.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:27 am

Yeah... I would say that overall the commericials were disappointing. I liked that pickup truck commercial with the kids with the bars of soap.

The AOL commercials were funny... even though I had never heard of those chopper dudes. But, working in IT, it was a bit ironic to me that AOL was touting speed considering what AOL can do to your computer :?

The Cadillac commercial with the speed of sound thing was pretty cool.

There were a few other decent ones... but nothing too memorable.

BUT... it's hard to complain considering that the game itself was so good! :D

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:59 pm

I liked the chopper dudes but my favorite was the one where grandpa and grandma were fighting over the chips.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:09 pm

Justice Hog wrote:I liked the chopper dudes but my favorite was the one where grandpa and grandma were fighting over the chips.

That one was great too :lol:

Return to Around the League