THN Exclusive: Q&A with Jesse Lumsden

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

THN Exclusive: Q&A with Jesse Lumsden

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:29 pm

I finally got a chance to have an 'extended chat' with my fellow Canadian Jesse Lumsden on Monday.

Just visit the front page for the article or click on the 'Visit the THN Website' link at the top of any message board page.

I have a few more questions for him today if I can grab him again.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:44 pm

Nicely done Boss, I'm really pulling for Jesse
RIP Sean Taylor

Postby Tigercat91 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi All, I got to see Lumsden in action while he played for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last year. He is a great player, very heads-up, and he'll never give up. BossHog, if by chance you read this in time, you might want to talk to Jesse about shaving his head for cancer. Lumsden used to have long hair and last year he shaved it and donated it to a cancer charity (I can't remember which one for the life of me). Hopefully Jesse makes the team, he could easily become an All-Star in the NFL. He was going to florish into a CFL Star, and judging by the Ricky Williams appearance in the CFL, there isn't as large of a difference in talent between the two leagues as a lot of people think.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:06 pm

Great stuff... thanks a lot. I'll be sure to ask him if I can since one of my questions for today was actually if he was involved with any charities.

Thanks again.

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:01 pm

Good interview. I can'y wait for more.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:31 pm

:rock:

Awesome, Boss. Most other reporters would have been asking where he was from, whether the NFL was harder than the CFL. . .

Good questions and dialogue. A great read.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:17 pm

Nice work BH.

Not sure about how he fits in with the numbers game, but I am pulling for him.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:05 pm

Nice read, Good job BH

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Thanks guys... just transcribing today's part two of the interview (that I did today) and it should be posted before morning.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:48 am

A new Exclusive article that I enjoyed very much.

I find it always interesting that some athletes are able to balance very aggresive activities, such as football, with meditation and Yoga. It should not be a surprise because the Art of Zen goes hand-in-hand with martial arts in the Far East. But still, it does surprise me when I see it happen in North America. Those of us that have done some of this in martial arts appreciate its mental and physical value.

What a tough position to be for Lumsden and Carter. Both are great guys and I wish we were not as overloaded in that position. My best scenario has Lumsden on the Roster and Carter in the practice squad. Coaches are paid the big bucks to make difficult decisions and this is definitely one of them. I look forward to read Part II.

I am already in London Heathrow for those who were nice enough to send PMs with good wishes. I had a very successful trip. Thanks.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:15 am

Great interview BH....looking forward to more.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:07 am

Part two is now posted on the main page.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 am

Great read Boss! (both parts, but especially the 2nd.) :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:34 am

Just read Part Deux. Sounds like you and he had a great time!! As for being unprofessional....

fuggheddaboutit!!! this kid is the real deal, and is proving that he deserves to play on the roster.

Great article!!!
VIVA SEXY!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:29 pm

THN: I got an e-mail today from the Embassy of Canada today to thank me for running some articles on the Canadians at camp. Do you think about that? Do you think about the fact that you're actually down here representing Canada or do you just go about your business? Do you realize how impactful your success could be?

Jesse: Not really, see the thing is that I'm not really representing Canada because many athletes have done much more extreme things than this. All our athletes that go to the World Championships and to the Olympics... those are the athletes that are representing Canada. I'm just down here trying to make a football team and I'm representing myself. But of course I carry the love of my fans with me, and I love the country that I'm from and it will always be my home. But I'm definitely not carrying a burden on my shoulders that I have to do this for my country.
:shock:

Is he the REAL thing or what? I am proud.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007