Quincy Wilson- A "Bruiser Back"

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
southerneer

Quincy Wilson- A "Bruiser Back"

Postby southerneer » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:03 pm

Just a note to promote the talent of a running back from West Virginia University.This kid is a workhorse, he hits you when he runs, he doesn't get hit....any team picking him up will not be disappointed.He is a Riggins-Davis type back and I know Joe Gibbs has got to like that!! His father was a class act and he is a true chip off the old block. Good luck to him and does anyone else agree or what are your thoughts?

swine

Postby Bitter Smuggs » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:17 pm

I absolutely agree. As a Virginia Tech fan, I witnessed the nightmare of Quincy Wilson running through and over our defense last year. His run against Miami was also played over and over on all the end of the year highlight reels. I can't believe he isn't getting talked up with the other top backs.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:02 pm

He is pretty good but the keyword to associate with him is Potential. He was decent with his production but he is no Jim Brown. I think it may be a sleeper pick if we opt for him.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:28 am

I like Quincey Wilson a lot and I would like Him even more if we got Him with a later pick in the draft. My 1st choice for a RB would be Greg Jones followed by Mike Turner or Steven Jackson. Who knows with so many RB Wilson could be available with the 3rd pick if we didn't get Jones with the 2nd.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:21 pm

I forgot about Q Wilson, man that play he had against Miami was ridiculous, i wouldnt mind picking him up, hopefully he will have a better career than the other West Virginia standout -Amos Zeroue (impossible name to spell) who many speculate is going to be released from the Steelers

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:43 am

I know you guys want S or RB with the first couple or three picks, but I expect that there will be a FA pickup or a late round pick in the RB arena...

Just a feeling.

If PRam got one of the best grades at B+ then you know the DL got Ds and Fs across the board - and you gotta KNOW that Gibbs is a believer in the fact that the battle is won in the trenches and will lean that way in the first couple of rounds unless he goes after Troupe in the second.

I remember Wilson... he caused me mucho heartburn against my Tech defense... one of the best against the run as usual. If he falls to the fifth round (although I suspect we will pick up some picks when Gibbs trades down in the first) we ought to take a look at him and Payton if they are there.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010