Hognostications NFL Week 5

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:27 pm

Jake wrote:And I honestly don't care what you call me. I know what I am. You can't judge me based off of ONE pick.
Do not explain it to me. Explain it to Chris Samuels and Joe Gibbs (and the rest of the board maybe) why you feel that picking the Giants is a message of faith and confidence in the Redskins. (See the two hints above.) :wink:

Jake,

There are no exceptions. Anybody that calls him/herself a Washington Redskins fan in this board picks the Redskins -every- week. You win or lose -with- your team. How hard is that to understand?

Got it now?

I know where my remaining picks for the Redskins lie in ALL NFL weeks to come, Do you?

RiC
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Well then you can call my a giants fan for all I care. I don't care what your opinion is on picking games or what you think of me or my picks and I don't care how you pick your games.

I know that whenever I pick the Skins the rest of the year you're just gonna say I'm doing it to make up for this week or cover up and whenever I pick against the Skins the rest of the year that I'm gonna be a traitor.

I really don't care what you call me.

I do know that I have never been or never will be a part time fan and will ALWAYS root for the Redskins. And THAT is more important than who I think will win that week.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:33 pm

Oh yeah, and I'm sure Chris Samuels and Joe Gibbs are gonna walk up to me one day and ask me about my Hognostication picks. :roll:

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Jake wrote:You take Hognistications way too seriously. It's just picks.
Take a hint from Joe Texan. here's a fan of a team with the worst record over several seasons. He STILL picked his team to win against us a couple of weeks ago.

I admire fans like those that win and lose -with- confidence in their teams. We are Washington Redskins first and foremost, NFL fans second.

Do I take things way to seriously? Ihave been told that before. Backing up -our- team into every Sunday is indeed very serious business to me. If they do not have -our- confidence, whose confidence then? Are we truly the greatest fans Joe Gibbs speaks of? If we are, we win and lose -with- our team.

But hey, maybe some of you are right. This is only a game. I mean not the Hognostications but the Redskins game. Win or lose, what it is important isto get the highest score in Hognostications, right? OK then.

I won the Hognostications last year -while- I had confidence in my team EVERY game. Call me a fool, I will do the same this season. After all the rules of the Hognostications do not preclude any true Redskin fan from showing more confidence in our opponents than our team. That's OK then

Enjoy the game tomorrow. I know I will. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:42 pm

My pick on who I think will win has NO bearing on the team winning or losing. The team does not go to the Hognistications, look for my picks, and say "oh, he didn't pick us so we might as well lose."

You put words in my mouth with every post you make.

So just get over my pick and watch the game like I will tomorrow.

I know who's joking with me when they call me a traitor and want me to fess up on my pick.

And you are not one of them... you are seriously questioning my loyalty and fanhood of this team which is REALLY annoying.

I'm done with this thread.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Jake wrote:I know that whenever I pick the Skins the rest of the year you're just gonna say I'm doing it to make up for this week or cover up and whenever I pick against the Skins the rest of the year that I'm gonna be a traitor.
You are prejudging and you are wrong. Your name is on the HALL for this week only. I can not erase that. But if you see the point, you will never see your name on it again on any other week.

This is a Redskins board, Jake. It is what it is and there are no exceptions, less even so because I think so highly of you.

RiC

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Jake wrote:My pick on who I think will win has NO bearing on the team winning or losing.
Of course it does not. Our picks are a measure of the confidence that we have in our team to play their guts and win it for us. That's all.

You are angry and that is GOOD. :twisted: When you cool down a bit, come back to the thread and read it again. It might read a little clearer the second time around. :idea:

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:37 pm

ROTFALMAO

Someone got took to the wood shed.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:39 am

Jake wrote:My pick on who I think will win has NO bearing on the team winning or losing. The team does not go to the Hognistications, look for my picks, and say "oh, he didn't pick us so we might as well lose."

You put words in my mouth with every post you make.

So just get over my pick and watch the game like I will tomorrow.

I know who's joking with me when they call me a traitor and want me to fess up on my pick.

And you are not one of them... you are seriously questioning my loyalty and fanhood of this team which is REALLY annoying.

I'm done with this thread.

Need a tissue?

ROTFALMAO

Will all the teenagers who can't man up, please step forward?

Oh nevermind....

ROTFALMAO
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:41 am

Well, I think that Jake picked the Giants because he's trying to jinx them. But I will say this, if I didnt know him like I do I'd roast him too.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:53 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I think that Jake picked the Giants because he's trying to jinx them. But I will say this, if I didnt know him like I do I'd roast him too.

I heard something about the jinx thing, hope it works

For his sake :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:00 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: Well, I think that Jake picked the Giants because he's trying to jinx them.
You are giving him far too much credit. He just did not have confidence on OUR team regardless of the fact that they have been playing their hearts out to get out of the lousy 0 - 2 start.

I mean, some of you may feel that I am overdoing it BUT ...

How could I not feel the way I do about winning and losing -with- our team if they are putting their physical integrity, respect, and pride on the line in enemy territory to win a game for US as fans???

Some of them are playing with bad injuries and in pain. All of them have one nick or bruise to tell about. They feel they are going to win. I can not fathom for the life of me one of them saying: I am going through the motions. Weekly salary is good. NY is a tough place and I do not think we are going to win.

Redskins are going to play their GUTS for us today. They never quit. A Joe Gibbs team NEVER quits. Every Joe Gibbs team goes with two things in mind foremost: TEAM and VICTORY. The least we can do is share in their confidence.

Chris Luva Luva wrote: But I will say this, if I didnt know him like I do I'd roast him too.
Somebody's got to do it. MMMMMUUUUAAAHAHAHA !!!! :twisted:

NO EXCEPTIONS OR MERCY FOR HOGS OR NOT, BLOGGERS, STAFFERS, OR ANYBODY ELSE WITHOUT FAITH IN OUR TEAM EVERY WEEK!!! :twisted:

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:40 am

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I think that Jake picked the Giants because he's trying to jinx them. But I will say this, if I didnt know him like I do I'd roast him too.

Whatever works ! Jake wants us to win as much if not more than the next guy. He is also realistic sometimes which obviously has made him a target.

Maybe we should just put the Redskins and not have a place to mark the opposing team as a winner in the Hognostications selections to prevent this from ever happening again. This has just been a travesty...we have people picking the other team "by mistake" (yeah okay) and we have people picking the other team because they think maybe our beloved Skins will lose (which in case we hadn't noticed has actually happened).
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:48 am

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:13 pm

SkinsChic wrote:
1niksder wrote:

Whatever works ! Jake wants us to win as much if not more than the next guy. He is also realistic sometimes which obviously has made him a target.

Maybe we should just put the Redskins and not have a place to mark the opposing team as a winner in the Hognostications selections to prevent this from ever happening again. This has just been a travesty...we have people picking the other team "by mistake" (yeah okay) and we have people picking the other team because they think maybe our beloved Skins will lose (which in case we hadn't noticed has actually happened).

Get off the soap box Mom

Jake and FFA picked against the Skins and were called out, privately and publicly. The made their points and both have seemed to put it behind them.
FFA explained it was a mistake and Jake said it wasn't so it is what it is.

RiC ribs everyone, so does BH, like I told FFA "I won't let him forget" but that's because he made a mistake. We don't know if Jake made a mistake or not. YET, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

CLL save the popcorn though
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Around the League