Hognostications NFL Week 5

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:36 pm

1niksder wrote:
SkinsChic wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well, I think that Jake picked the Giants because he's trying to jinx them. But I will say this, if I didnt know him like I do I'd roast him too.

I heard something about the jinx thing, hope it works

Whatever works ! Jake wants us to win as much if not more than the next guy. He is also realistic sometimes which obviously has made him a target.

Maybe we should just put the Redskins and not have a place to mark the opposing team as a winner in the Hognostications selections to prevent this from ever happening again. This has just been a travesty...we have people picking the other team "by mistake" (yeah okay) and we have people picking the other team because they think maybe our beloved Skins will lose (which in case we hadn't noticed has actually happened).

Get off the soap box Mom

Jake and FFA picked against the Skins and were called out, privately and publicly. The made their points and both have seemed to put it behind them.
FFA explained it was a mistake and Jake said it wasn't so it is what it is.

RiC ribs everyone, so does BH, like I told FFA "I won't let him forget" but that's because he made a mistake. We don't know if Jake made a mistake or not. YET, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

CLL save the popcorn though

Not on a soap box....just being honest
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:49 pm

SkinsChic wrote:Not on a soap box....just being honest

I know, but Jake has this covered
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:36 pm

SkinsChic wrote:we have people picking the other team "by mistake" (yeah okay)

It really was a mistake, SkinsChic. . .if only you knew me a little bit better you would know how prone I am to making them.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:44 pm

As if the night wasn't miserable enough already - the damn Raiders are winning. :roll:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 pm

Most of the games are over. We lost. Time to move on in the Hognosticatons, time to move on to our next game.

I will comment on the results which look pretty good for some posters. Lots of movement in our standings. Getting more interesting week after week.

Let's move on.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Most of the games are over. We lost. Time to move on in the Hognosticatons, time to move on to our next game.

I will comment on the results which look pretty good for some posters. Lots of movement in our standings. Getting more interesting week after week.

Let's move on.

Good Idea.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:45 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Most of the games are over. We lost. Time to move on in the Hognosticatons, time to move on to our next game.

Let's move on.

Jeez, how bad did I do? :?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:56 pm

I got POLEAXED THIS week, and deservedly so.

I shoulda gone with my gut and picked the Giants to win, as again NYC is, apparently a tough place for our beloved Skins to play in.

Getting pimp-slapped in this thread by RiC would have been a lot less painful than having to endure my freefall in the standings.

Jets over Jags?????!!!! What was I smoking?? :oops:
Ay, no es bueno.
VIVA SEXY!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:25 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:I got POLEAXED THIS week, and deservedly so.

I shoulda gone with my gut and picked the Giants to win, as again NYC is, apparently a tough place for our beloved Skins to play in.

Getting pimp-slapped in this thread by RiC would have been a lot less painful than having to endure my freefall in the standings.

Jets over Jags?????!!!! What was I smoking?? :oops:
Ay, no es bueno.

I entertained that pick also but I now know its the Colts who are mortal and not these other teams that are playing exceptionally well.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:04 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez, how bad did I do? :?
Not bad, as usual. I think that you have 11 - 2, so far. But you, and everybody else, should check the Hognostications main page and the Weekly Standings when they are posted later today or when they are completely updated tomorrow sometime.

The standings can still change quite a bit depending on the Baltimore v. Denver game. The Hognosticators are almost divided in half on this MNF game.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:27 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez, how bad did I do? :?
Not bad, as usual. I think that you have 11 - 2, so far. But you, and everybody else, should check the Hognostications main page and the Weekly Standings when they are posted later today or when they are completely updated tomorrow sometime.

The standings can still change quite a bit depending on the Baltimore v. Denver game. The Hognosticators are almost divided in half on this MNF game.

Yea, I knew I was making a mistake in picking Dallas. I went against my own reasoning that helps me in making my picks. :evil:

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Yea, I knew I was making a mistake in picking Dallas. I went against my own reasoning that helps me in making my picks. :evil:
Could we ALL not say the same thing about each and every pick we have gotten wrong throughout the season? :lol:

Hindsight is always a 100% good Hognosticator for sure. But it can not play by definition. :lol:

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:58 am

I've already submitted my picks for next week. Hopefully that sparks my performance for the remainder of the season.

I need help....STAT!!!! :oops:
VIVA SEXY!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:05 pm

I just posted the weekly and season standings to date...

http://www.thehogs.net/Hognostications/

And while the results may change a lot after tonight's game... last place this week is already a lock. :shock:

CLL still has a stranglehold on first and no matter what happens tonight... will go into next week's competition in first place for the third straight week.

THIRTY EIGHT people at 10-3 or better so far this week. :shock:

Very impressive.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:10 pm

BossHog wrote:And while the results may change a lot after tonight's game... last place this week is already a lock. :shock:
We knew that this was a Marathon and not a 100 m dash. Punu must be a happy man this week :lol:

I will not congratulate anybody yet -until- the MNF game is played tonight. Things can change in the standings and most likely will . A single game separates quite a few people between 1st and 2nd, and 2nd and 3rd.

Look at the Weekly Pool Standings and compare so far against the ESPN experts:

Golic 13-0 :shock:
Allen 12-1
Jaworski 12-1
Salisbury 12-1
Schlereth 12-1
Hoge 11-2
Theismann 10-3
Mortensen 9-4

The season standings also changed quite dramatically but you should check that in the main Hognostications page.

Ah! I -almost- forgot. Peter "the Sleazy" Queen's record this week so far is ...

8 - 5 :twisted:

And -ONLY- one poster in the WHOLE Hognostications board got less wins than he did. ROTFALMAO

Return to Around the League